Pots and Pans for a Coleman Peak One 550B

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Charles Fulcrum, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Charles Fulcrum United Kingdom

I bought my Peak One in the early to mid 1990’s, but due to career change, young family etc it didn’t get much use. It’s in great condition and with more time available, I want to resume hiking/camping.

I’m looking for help/advice in finding a 2 pot set for use with the stove. Ideally, a set that I can put the stove inside when hiking. I’ve searched the internet, but with no luck so far.

Dimensions with feet folded are:
    Diameter 5.7 inch (14.5 cm)
    Height 5.5 inch (14 cm)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

Welcome to CCS. Help is sure to arrive soon.

3. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

@Charles Fulcrum ,

Welcome to CCS! Can you be more specific about which Coleman stove you have, please? Is it the brown Model 400? Model 550A, or B? If so, I'd recommend you seek out a proper Sigg Tourist kit, with the excellent windscreen that was offered for those Coleman stoves. Sorry for the bad photos, but this will give you an idea about what you're going to be seeking.

Here's my very first Coleman Model 400, with a Mirro pot on it.

"Old Number One".jpg

Here, I'm showing two 550 stoves, each with proper Coleman windscreen, but pots from a single Sigg kit.

1.JPG

2.JPG

This set, offering two pots, and a top/fry pan, also fits the Model 400, nicely, and with the proper windscreen, it's a great bit of kit!! If you have questions, please give me a shout, and I'll try to help you find the answers. Good luck, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

4. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

@Charles Fulcrum ,

Oops! I missed seeing the title of your thread. I see it is the 550B for which you are seeking the kit. So, my photos should show you what works wonderfully with that great little stove! I'll try to put together another photo, showing how that kit fits together. Talk later, and God Bless!

Doc
    ccs
    PS - I just remembered that there might be a kit like this in the goodies I'm selling for a dear friend, and CCS mate, who passed away. BajaBum, aka Steve, had a few of these, if I recall. I'll have to do some digging, but I "might" be able to find a serviceable kit for you. Let me know if you are interested, and I'll do some digging in Steve's stuff.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  5. Daryl

Daryl United States Subscriber

What Coleman sold for the peak 1 400 series stove works for the stove you have. Ebay shipping from USA is a killer to England I know but Ebay is where you can get one. I paid $33 for one the other day , still in the mail. Pictures show a couple I have already and used last week. I do most of my cooking in other pans. They do make a good cook set thought, be sure to use pan grabber.Stay safe Daryl sunny SoCal
    100_4251.JPG 20200526_064748.jpg 20200525_110129.jpg

6. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

Great organized setup, Daryl. Especially in the vehicle.

7. SveaSizzler

SveaSizzler United States Subscriber

www.LoadUp.com was offering the Coleman Peak 1 "backpacking case/mess kit'' [incl a pot-grabber] for $22.88 USD before shipping. But they now list it as out of stock. You could have them email you when they get more in.
    I got one from them last year. It was kinda beat up, but I'm using it for a replacement Optimus 99 top pan.

8. Charles Fulcrum United Kingdom

Doc, thanks for the replies and photos. I would certainly be interested in anything you might find.

9. Charles Fulcrum United Kingdom

Daryl, SveaSizzler, thanks for the replies. I’ll certainly take a look on eBay and LoadUp.com for Coleman mess kit sets