Prabhat No. 1 from Garret Wade

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by donnecaidh, Jul 24, 2018.

1. donnecaidh United States

I recently bought a Prabhat No.1 from Garret Wade and I'm trying to find a silent burner for it. I know the company in India makes them, but I can't seem to buy one. Does anyone know where I can get one or another brand that will fit this stove?

2. Tron

Tron Subscriber

Probably not to usefull to you, but it seems you can get it in Germany at least: https://hytta.de/kocher/Zubehoer-fuer-Petroleumkocher,414.htm

The site is in german, but I know I have sent them an email in english some time ago and got a nice response. They have given me excellent service when I have bought items from them in the past. Shipping from Germany to the US is probably not cheap thouhg.

Tron

3. Harder D. Soerensen

Harder D. Soerensen Denmark Subscriber

Have ordered several times from Hytta.de, and I can only recommend the company.

When you order - it takes a day or two, then you receive the final quote incl. shipping price on an email. Here you can pay via bank transfer or PAYPAL.
    You can also decline by responding to the email in english.

4. Marc

Marc Subscriber

Intl shipping is easy. Postal freight from Germany will be inexpensive but slow. If you need parts faster, DHL will be your best bet. I buy electronic components from Germany in a professional capacity frequently, and have bought Mercedes parts for personal use a couple times. DHL is surprisingly inexpensive and BLAZINGLY fast. Order Friday, delivered Monday.

5. donnecaidh United States

Thank you. I'll keep that in mind if I go that route. I'm in no hurry. I pick it up at the P.O. tomorrow. I can stand the roar. lol I had a couple of the old white gas Primus stoves when I was younger. They use the same type of burner with different jets, I believe. They were quite simple and reliable, but I probably don't have to tell you that if you're on this forum. Anyway, thanks again.

6. Gunner

An English firm called Hurricane Lamps.co.uk sells silent burners for Prabhat No.1; £12.50 inc. postage inside UK (scroll about half-way down the page)

http://www.hurricanelamps.co.uk/paraffin_stoves.htm

They do export sales, too, but don't quote shipping prices or delivery times for them. The contact details for overseas orders are as follows:

Tel. +44 1692 581 541 Mobile Text 07900 64 77 95

(they take phone calls until 19:30 GMT, seven days a week)

E-mail: sales@hurricanelamps.co.uk

(E-mail is checked up to 19:30 GMT, seven days a week)

Postal Address:

Hurricane Lamps
    4, Brecklands
    Stalham
    Norwich
    Norfolk
    NR12 9DX

HTH,

Gunner

7. Jeremy Belgrave-Lock

Jeremy Belgrave-Lock United Kingdom Subscriber