Prentiss wabers #4

Discussion in 'Prentiss Wabers (Preway)' started by mark9564, Oct 15, 2010.

1. mark9564

Got this at a swap meet the other day. Know nothing about it. If you have any info or might be interested in it let me know.

1287111507-N1wnf__Small_.jpg 1287111516-9bNIM__Small_.jpg 1287111533-jJdJB__Small_.jpg 1287111495-ZK9Tp__Small_.jpg 1287111542-UWA8m__Small_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. linux_author

just found one today! hope you acquired a pump for this stove - it works very well!

3. The Bird

The Bird Subscriber

Hello Mark,

An interesting stove. May I ask how the left burner is controlled please? A picture would be appreciated.

Many thanks for sharing.

Best regards,

Mike.

4. linux_author

mike - if you look at the picture showing the left burner, you'll see a flat plate that slides through the manifold - the front part of the plate has a metal hook that protrudes through the front of the stove case... pulling or pushing the hook slides the flat plate forward or backward to allow gas into the left burner or retard the flow of gas (there is a hole cut into the plate)... mechanism is similar to a cigar cutter...

(in the picture, it looks to me like the second burner is 'active'; IOW, the plate is pulled all the way back; to shut it off, the plate would be pushed forward; you can see the hook on the left side of the stove case handle in the main picture)

hth,

willie

5. The Bird

The Bird Subscriber

Hello Willie,

Thanks for the assist.

I've never seen anything like that before, is this a similarity for these types of stove?

Best regards,

Mike.

6. VooDuuChild

Hey what's up local!? (I'm over in Arlington, heck, I was just in Stanwood today, haha). Anyhow cool find. Looks like someone gave a try at fixing the tank or something there. Have you tried to fire'her up yet? Mine's over here if ya wanna see it.
    https://classiccampstoves.com/threads/10673

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015