Prentiss Wabers Auto Cook KIt Model #1

Discussion in 'Prentiss Wabers (Preway)' started by MrAlexxx, Sep 13, 2018 at 5:07 AM.

1. MrAlexxx

MrAlexxx Subscriber

I absolutely had no need for a three burner but every stovie should have at least one, right? Got it about a year ago and have lit it up a couple times just for kicks. Didn't do much except the cap gasket. Kind of interesting firing these old ones up. They require a preheat which is done with the fuel in the tank which is directed into a priming cup by manually lifting up a little baffle plate allowing the fuel to flow from the end of the generator into the priming cup. Once a sufficient amount of fuel is in the priming cup light that and after a few seconds sounds like a jet engine taking off as any fuel left in the generator vaporizes and ignites. They call this the "hot blast preheat". If all goes well it settles down in a few seconds with the generator hot enough and the burner will light. This one burns quite well on all three burners. Not sure if it was a repaint by a previous owner or not as I have seen a few overspray factory splash paint jobs. Splish splash get them down the assembly line as fast as they can and out the door. So who knows?

DSC08949.JPG

DSC08951.JPG

DSC08967.JPG

DSC08970.JPG

DSC08974.JPG

DSC08978.JPG

DSC08945.JPG

2. Barrett New Zealand

I like that MrAlexxx!
    .... and suddenly feel like I need a 3 burner too.... how does that happen

Cheers
    Barrett

3. Wim

Wim Subscriber

NIIICE!!! Exactly what I'm looking for as a companion for my P-W N°8 twin burner.

Sadly, not to be found in my neck of the woods......

Take good care of that baby @MrAlexxx !

All the best,

Wim

4. MartyJ

I would say repainted as I think the box would be painted before the application of the plate, not after. Just my guess, nice PW regardless. I have Mongomry Ward labeled 2 burner that is fun.

5. cottage hill bill

cottage hill bill Subscriber

Great stove. I'm really fond of three burners. Leave it to me to get enamored of the part of the hobby that takes up the most room and most work to refinish. I too believe it's a repaint. All of the PWs I've seen of that era were either black or khaki. That hunter green color didn't seem to come about until the 40's, maybe late 30's for some of the Coleman stoves.

6. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

Nice of you to feed the addiction. :)

7. MrAlexxx

MrAlexxx Subscriber

You'd think if a guy was going to clean it up and repaint it that they'd of taped off the ID plate a little better. I thought repaint but wasn't absolutely sure. Thanks guys.
    @snwcmpr Yeah...it never ends does it? lol

8. MrAlexxx

MrAlexxx Subscriber

@snwcmpr FYI...I'd probably be able to feed my addiction better if you'd gift me your lil single burner PW "wheelie". :D

9. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

10. MrAlexxx

MrAlexxx Subscriber

@snwcmpr That's a no, huh? But...but...my addiction needs another feeding. lol

11. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

"Move along, there is nothing of interest here."

12. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

Don't encourage him Ken.
    Duane

13. MrAlexxx

MrAlexxx Subscriber

14. NW Lady

NW Lady Subscriber

Very Nice! I keep being tempted by the PW stoves. Your beauty doesn't help matters!! Yes, the coleman, etc stove do take up a lot of room. I actually took a large TV out of my bedroom and now use the cabinet to store more stove!!