Prentiss Wabers Stove Company Auto Kamp Kook Kits

Discussion in 'Prentiss Wabers (Preway)' started by MrAlexxx, Sep 25, 2018.

1. MrAlexxx

MrAlexxx Subscriber

@ArchMc I gave everything a good blow out and not much of anything came out but you're probably right. Some thing like that probably broke free with the fuel being in there. Thanks...

Alex

2. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

Compressed air cannot remove spider webs. One must use a mechanical means like a pipe cleaner or even a stick.

3. Marc

Marc Subscriber

I've had plenty of spider webs come out with compressed air?

That canned air stuff won't move anything, but 150psi from the air compressor shifts plenty. Not 100% effective all the time but well worth a shot if one has the ability.

4. MrAlexxx

MrAlexxx Subscriber

I was using the shop compressor but those spider things can get anchored pretty good sometimes. I'll get it! :D

Alex

5. MrAlexxx

MrAlexxx Subscriber

Well...PROBLEM SOLVED! I hope...lol

Flushed out the tank again and drained the fuel through a coffee filter...All looked clean. Then fired the compressor up and gave everything that I could reach with the blow gun tip a good shot of compressed air. Pumped the tank up again maybe only 10 pumps and could hear air blowing out when I opened the valves. Fueled up and gave the tank 10 pumps and preheated both burners. Both fired right up and stayed lit for the maybe 10 minutes that I ran the stove. Going to get a better clean up and I'll try to straighten a few things out but I'm pretty happy with it so far. As long as I make it better rather then worse it's all good! :D

DSC09393.JPG

DSC09392.JPG

DSC09390.JPG

6. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

They are nice, huh?
    I do not understand why they did not last, as Coleman did. Union costs, as that is what I heard. I was a union machinist. I was not always paid 'way too much'. Skill should always trump cheap labor. I did work with a lot of people that did not care to 'do the best that they could'.

7. MrAlexxx

MrAlexxx Subscriber

@snwcmpr They sure are different. Basically the same burner fuel valve/orifice setup as my Evinrude single. I guess that was the idea of the day.
    I worked union my whole life as well, mostly as a ticketed tradesman. Union costs ALWAYS seem to be the villain in any contract negotiation. When the line is tight between a company turning a profit or a lose the union never comes out on top and I get that. Geez...how did we start talking about work? I'd just started being able to forget about it most days now. *shudders* lol

8. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

I am long retired. I am always in the LOUNGE.