Preway P-4821

Discussion in 'Prentiss Wabers (Preway)' started by rbhodges, Oct 16, 2011.

1. rbhodges

This was a find on a trip to the flea market today. This was a fair sized flea market and the only other pressure stove I found there was a fairly new 425F. I almost past over this stove since there were no markings on the outside of the case and its shape suggested it was probably a propane stove. Luckily I asked the seller if it was propane and he said nope he thought it may be kerosine.

I had to take a look and when I saw the fuel tank and saw that it was a Preway I had to ask how much. The price was to good to pass up.

This is my first Preway and I Know very little about it and can only guess at its age. This stove needed nothing to get it going all of the seals were in fine shape. Only a little oil on the pump leather and it lit rite up. Its got an unusual regulator for the extra burner being operated by lever instead of the key.

Any information on this stove would be appreciated. Enjoy the pics.

Rick

1318805097-IMG_1642.jpg 1318805132-IMG_1644.jpg 1318805164-IMG_1647.jpg 1318805196-IMG_1649.jpg 1318805338-IMG_1656.jpg 1318805237-IMG_1652.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. Lance

Ach lad it's a worthless bit o' kit. [-X [-X Best you send it on to me and i'll watch over it until it rusts into nothing but small bits of red steel. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks a treat, let is know what you think of it.

lance

3. mr optimus

mr optimus Subscriber

Hi rbhodges well done there on a great score i do like the unique flame pattern on this model

4. DAVE GIBSON

DAVE GIBSON Subscriber

i don't know anything about these but the 1920's klunky tank and the 1950's streamlined case is a odd combo..

5. rbhodges

You know? I think thats what grabbed about this stove. The look of the case contrudicted by the old tech tank. What they didn't do on tank cosmetics they may have made up for on that second burner regulator. The one on my stove works very well, and shows an atempt to come up with something the other guy did not.

Rick

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  6. marblecreek

marblecreek Subscriber

Rick,
    Nice stove. You may want to check the NRV. The cork on mine was pretty shot.

Steve

7. bajabum

bajabum R.I.P.

I usta have one, sold it at CASG #4, to ArchMc (Mac)
    1318918387-1280710581-CASG4013.jpg
    Neat design, kinda heavy...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  8. bolexguy

bolexguy Subscriber

I've become a fan of the flame pattern but the NRV on mine just defies me - i think the little tapered spring in it may be shot. Anyone have any ideas? replaced the pip and still get a leak through it

9. marblecreek

marblecreek Subscriber

I had to fuss with the NRV quite a bit in order for it to seat correctly. I think that the problem was that it is pretty easy for the pip to not be centered properly on the opening on the bottom of the NRV. On about the 20th try, I finally got the pip centered and I haven't had any leaks so far (fingers crossed that it stays that way).

Steve

10. BradB

BradB United States Subscriber

Since this is a reference section, I thought I would post a belated tip I discovered. I used a NRV pip on my 4521 that was made for Optimus NRV's. It fit perfectly. I thought the spring was a bit weak so I stretched it a bit and it works fine.

11. ArchMc

ArchMc Subscriber

Nice to know. Mine (purchased from bajabum at CASG#4 -- Montana del Oro State Park) works perfectly.

....Arch

12. Matty

Here is the operating instructions and parts list.

Preway1.png

Preway2.png

preway3.png

Preway4.png

13. Marc

Marc Subscriber

Outstanding, thank you for posting.

14. RScott United States

This was given to me a couple of years ago and I just dug it out of garage and opened it up. Had to get online to see exactly what I had. Haven't tried to fire it up yet. The operating instructions will definitely help. Does anyone know when these stoves we're made? 20190608_162221.jpg