Priming bottles

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Badger, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Badger

A tip for a small priming bottle, ideal for pocket stoves...
    Hypostop, a dextrose gel for the treatment of hypoglycemia in diabetics, is supplied in 80g quantities in polyethylene squeezy bottles. These bottles hold around 3 fl oz and have a "twist and squirt" spout cap. The cap seals well when closed, and when opened does not dribble, even when inverted, until the bottle is squeezed.
    Ask a medical type for a used or date-expired one (that is how I got mine).
    I hope someone might find the above of use.

2. sefaudi

Would you be able to post here some photos?

3. itchy

1285764406-Picture_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  4. yonadav

I have a bottle of white glue (from the hardware store) which is practically the same.

5. Badger

I think on the glue bottles you remove the cap to squirt. On the glucose bottles you twist the top part of the cap 1/4 turn to squirt and remove the cap only for filling. I believe US Army small arms oil bottles used a similar system at one time.

6. jbythesea

Here in the states we have a white (pva) glue called Elmer's that comes in a bottle very similar to the Glucose bottle. The top also twists 1/4 turn to open. I've also used nasal spray bottles that I took the top off of and removed the misting device so the alcohol would come out in drops.

Just don't throw them into the trunk of your car for a hot season and expect there to be anything left when you need it.

7. jbythesea

It just hit me - Why not just use a lighter fluid bottle?