Primus 1125 gimbal

Discussion in 'Other Models' started by optipri, Apr 7, 2019.

1. optipri

optipri Subscriber

During my years of collecting, a Primus gimbal has been on the top of my wishing list. And now I have finallly find one. This 1125 is the sequil of the 125 listed in the 1903 years catalogue. There are other very attractive models in that catalogue, for example the one with twisted steel rodscalled no 1 and 2.
    But I am very pleased with this one. Probably from late 20:s or so. It is a heavy one that keeps the stoves horisontal in all situations. A perfect item for the yachts that became popular for wealthy people in those days. I am afraid it is a bit to big for my small day trip boat where a Optimus 111 is more useful.
    It is in very good condition for it's age. Probably hot zink or tin plated. All I had to do was cleaning it a bit and brush it with nicckel paste to prevent it from future corrosion.
    But I had a problem to find suitable stoves to put into it. In my collection I only have one of each model so I descided to take one 1S:or and one 1J:or to place in it.

Bo

DSC_0015_63.JPG DSC_0016_42.JPG DSC_0018_22.JPG DSC_0019_15.JPG DSC_0020_12.JPG DSC_0021_6.JPG

2. igh371

igh371 SotM Winner Subscriber

That is some piece of kit Bo! First time I have ever seen a double gimbal, and putting an 'S' and a 'J' beside each other is inspired. A perfect galley combination for adventurous cooking. What better reason could there be for making getting a bigger boat the next aspiration:content:
    Ian:thumbup:

3. Lennart F Norway

:-k The burners make them look like 5 S:or and 5 J:or :-k
    A number of my roarers got silent burners too but a roarer burner on a silent stove seemes quite rare.:-k

4. Mark Layman

Mark Layman Subscriber

5. z1ulike

z1ulike United States SotM Winner Subscriber

Congratulations Bo! That's the first thing I've seen worth bidding on in months. Too bad the seller wouldn't accept international bidders. I'm glad a CCS member got it and I really appreciate the photos. Now all you need is a bigger boat. :D/

Ben

6. optipri

optipri Subscriber

Fact is that I didn't notice that. So probably the burners has been replace on both stoves. Must be an coincidence.
    So I think I have better dig out some roarer burners to get them in the right way and not mixed up with wrong parts.

Bo

7. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia
    That is a fine contraption, Bo.

I have two questions. How much does it weigh? And, what is the “zinc paste” you used?

Best regards

Tony

Edit: I have found the paste by searching. Thanks

@optipri