I was kindly given this Primus accessory by a fellow stovie. After a fair bit of cleaning with a sandblaster, vinegar and lastly circular wire brush in a drill I was ready to reassemble it. The narrow spring wire in the fold of the handle was only just working, especially after I had bent it to get it out. So I replaced it with thin tie wire as I could not locate such a thin spring wire locally. I did have a box of old springs and used one to install internally and it works very well and is quite snappy. It does not interfere when fitted to standard Model 1 and 5 stoves. Might be a solution for someone else. Iain Top photo shows the 1601 and a repair I made to a small chipped edge of a few cm using a piece of tinplate brazed on after grinding off the more jagged edges. Bottom photo shows the new spring fitted inside the unit which is now very snappy and works fine.