Primus 210

Discussion in 'Primus No:210' started by Chopperbob, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Chopperbob Czech Republic

Hi all,
    Last week, I found the attached Primus 210 in the basement of an old house we are currently renovating.
    Since am not an expert, I found your website to learn a bit more about the history of this stove and interesting to read so much useful information.
    Attached are some pictures as I found it and with the N2 stamped it appears to be a 1924 model.
    Cheers

IMG_4837.jpg IMG_4830.jpg IMG_4826.jpg IMG_4823.jpg IMG_4829.jpg IMG_4831.jpg IMG_4833.jpg IMG_4836.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2019
  2. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Hi, Welcome to CCS.
    A nice find of an interesting stove. The burner is a later replacement as it looks to be a Perfectus rather than the expected Primus brand. Perfectus manufactured in Czechoslovakia so would perhaps been more easily obtained.
    Here are some photos of a sister stove, made in the same year of 1924:

1924 PRIMUS 210 OUTFIT.

Best Regards,
    Kerophile.

3. Harder D. Soerensen

Harder D. Soerensen Denmark Subscriber

Welcome @Chopperbob
    The 210 is a great classic. Hopefully you can get it running - you might be amazed how powerfull it actually is.

The loose flame-ring around the burnerhead can easily be put back in shape by placing it down on a regular car trailer hook and then carefully hammering it back to a nice shape with a rubber/wooden mallet (hammer).

4. JP2

JP2 Subscriber

Hi and Welcome
    A clean tank of fuel is important as the NRV (non return valve) also.
    Here a link to give you an idea.
    Non-return valves

5. Chopperbob Czech Republic

Thank you guys for the feedback. Very much appreciated. Will try to get it running. Do you think the box is original or from a later model? Thanks!

6. JP2

JP2 Subscriber

Original and if you could post more pictures of the lock mechanism that could help me to reshape the one on my 1933 Optimus 210.
    Thank
    IMG_20181110_170825.jpg

7. Simes

Simes Subscriber

@Chopperbob. A wonderful find, which I'm certain probably has many stories to tell between now and then.

It may not have an original tin, nor it's burner, but it has served it's purpose over many years. And can continue to do so with a little tlc.

If you are familiar with this type of stove then please don't take offence to the suggestion to have a good browse here before any fettling. All members have harrowing tales of early mistakes when attempting restoration.

The stove itself should be straightforward, but care should be taken with the tin, I know to my cost that slow is better. It looks like you have a nice useable setup with some simple steps.

Look forward to further reports.

8. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Hi @Simes, I think the tin is likely correct for a 1924 Primus No.210

Best Regards,
    Kerophile.

9. Chopperbob Czech Republic

Hereby attach additional pics of the lock mechanism. Might keep the stove in it's original condition. Since I collect and restore vintage motorcycles, with bikes it's sometimes better to keep the 'patina' rather then over-restoring.

Attached Files:

10. JP2

JP2 Subscriber

11. JP2

JP2 Subscriber

Interesting enough, the inside finition of my 1933 is a little different compare to the 1924
    IMG_20190407_111416.jpg IMG_20190407_111124.jpg IMG_20190407_111206.jpg

12. Simes

Simes Subscriber

@kerophile, I was more.worried about posssible tin damage really after all.your conservation efforts.

It was.probably going to be the original, bit many pop up with odd combinations.