Primus 22B

Discussion in 'Other Models' started by Daryl, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Daryl

Daryl United States SotM Winner Subscriber

Nice compact two burner that I plan to put to good use. Has it's share of use and storage marks which is fine with me. Replaced serviceable parts from Fettle Box and gave the fount a shine. Left burner has more robust flame than right. Thought about switching jets , but left jet does not want to budge. Best to leave be for now. Daryl SoCal
    100_9546.JPG 100_9572.JPG 100_9557.JPG 100_9554.JPG 100_9555.JPG 100_9552.JPG 100_9563.JPG 100_9602.JPG 100_9606.JPG 100_9560.JPG

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  2. z1ulike

z1ulike United States SotM Winner Subscriber

Nice looking stove. I especially like the food shots. I see you use Stater's Brothers Picante Sauce. My wife stocks up on Lindy's Taco Sauce from Stater's every time she's down in Orange County. Good stuff.

Ben

3. Doc Mark

Doc Mark SotM Winner Subscriber

Eveing, Daryl, @Daryl

GREAT stove, the 22B! I had 111B stoves, and 22B stores, long before I ever came across my first Model 22, and with proper maintenance, the Benzine stoves are flat-out wonderful! I've backpacked with both the 22 and 22B, and think they offer something special for those willing to carry the weight! I once backpacked each of those up in Yosemite, and took the 111B when we worked our way up the back side of Half Dome, and used it in our camp there! Made pancakes, and bacon, if memory serves, and used it in the backpacker's campsite, in Yosemite for all our cooking, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, plus lots of soup and tea uses. Worked perfectly! A German couple we met on the trail climbing up the back side of Half Dome, camped with us, and were astounded that I would carry that "heavy" stove all the way up there! But, they loved it's utility, and the foods we cooked on it! Have fun with yours, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

4. Daryl

Daryl United States SotM Winner Subscriber

Doc, Thanks for sharing your wonderful adventure. Just put my 22B on scale came in at 7lb. Some may say crazy, others say necessary to tote that thing around. Like most two burners it has very low stable cooking surface, puts out good heat and will simmer also. Back in the day carried 3lb peak1 on all overnighters. Couple short trips enjoyed fried chicken cooked in cast iron pan., very necessary at the time.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  5. Duck United States

Nice stove Daryl. Definitely on my want list.