Primus 3270 Technotrail - can I fix this?

Discussion in 'Fettling Forum' started by qcontrary, Sep 22, 2020.

1. qcontrary United States

Hi, I am new here. I'm not even sure if this is the correct forum, but here goes. I hope
    someone can help me because Primus can't. I haven't been out camping in a few years
    but I recently tested all my gear and found that this little stove, while otherwise working
    perfectly, seems to have a missing part. It's a tube or rod or something that holds the
    three pot supports in place but lets them swivel. Given that I can't buy a part, what
    could I use to connect the three supports so that the stove will now support a pot?
    Ideally, it would be something that will withstand heat and not deform.

I suppose I could put a grill with legs over it, but it would be very nice to have this
    little pocket size stove in good order again. I'm including a couple (sorry, a bit blurry)
    pictures of it with the supports clipped together the way I think they should be.

Thanks so much for any help!

Attached Files:

2. Lennart F Sweden

Now you tricked me to mess with my recently aquired Technotrail II - I think the pivots are similar.
    Your missing part looks like this when in place:
    IMG_20200922_130440.jpg

And the parts looks like this:
    IMG_20200922_132534.jpg
    IMG_20200922_132557.jpg

I think a screw with nut, M3 or 1/8" - 16mm or longer would do the job - be sure to lock the nut in a heat resistant way.

3. qcontrary United States

I just dug through the fasteners in the garage and found something that didn't fall out.
    I may have to visit the hardware store now, to get something slightly shorter and a very
    small nut, but this unidentified machine screw stays in place without one. Thank you!