Primus 341 SP

Discussion in 'Primus No:341' started by boknasild, Sep 21, 2012.

1. boknasild

boknasild Subscriber

Hello
    After frodo posted his P341 SP I got the inspiration to show some photoes of my precious.
    Mine is not as good looking as frodos but even though I get goosebumps when looking at it. The fount is chrome/nickel and marked AR.The heatshield covering the top of the fount has the same text as on those P 41s made by Høvik Verk. Don't know if this is the original.

1348258803-IMG_1488.JPG

1348258818-IMG_1492.JPG

1348258831-IMG_1493.JPG

1348258851-IMG_1495.JPG

1348258869-IMG_1496.JPG

1348258886-IMG_1497.JPG

1348259156-IMG_1498.JPG

1348259170-IMG_1499.JPG

According to the former owner it can put out a lot of heat.
    This is my first pressure stove that runs on spirits. Have to be tested later. Enjoy and have a glorious weekend. Bjørn

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. mr optimus

mr optimus Subscriber

Hi Bjorn very nice indeed a fantastic stove,i notice on the heat shield it says for Turbruk and petroleum,it must be for meths and gasoline,a duel fuel outfit.
    But the tank just says for spirit so the shield as you mention may not be original to the stove

3. boknasild

boknasild Subscriber

Good evening Mr Optimus
    The text on top of the heat shield says "Petroleum". This means the same as in German language Kerosene. Thats way I believe the cover is not original
    If you check out the photo showing "Før sprit" on the top of the fount, this means "spirits only".
    If you tried kerosene in this stove no flames would appear.
    Thanks for your comments Bjørn

4. mr optimus

mr optimus Subscriber

Hi Bjorn yes that is true and all so it means paraffin in dutch as well,what made me think it ment gasoline was the burner it han not got three or four tubes,like on a optimus 111 but then this is a Primus

5. Big BTU

Big BTU Subscriber

Sure is pretty, I love the heat shield. I noticed they do need them, I could hear the alcohol boiling in mine.

6. frodo75

Hi Bjørn,nice stove O:).The tank and burner is indeed a 341 SP but the case and tankshield are from a HØVIK 41SP(PRIMUS 41SP)Enjoy :D .

7. anlrolfe

anlrolfe Subscriber

I've been looking for that everywhere! :^o

can I pt with return address? :whistle: [-o< :D/ [-X

xlnt stove. I can see why it is "precious"

AR

8. boknasild

boknasild Subscriber

frodo
    I agree that heatshield is Høvik 41. But how can you distinguish between a 341SP case and another P 41 case ? Were they only made in that glossy finish like yours ? Have tried to see in the catalogue section here. In the 1948 Primus catalogue it is mentioned that case finish is japanned which means high gloss me thinks.I have a few Høvik 41s and all have that crinkle green finish on the case. And some of the Swedish ones I have seen have the same finish on the case. While others have the glossy green finish.Have also seen that on the plate beneath the handle there can be found Primus or Primus Sweden. Besides that I have seen no marks that can tell where the case came from.
    brgds Bjørn

9. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Greetings, boknasild,

WOW!! What a wonderful, and I believe quite rare old stove!! I very much look forward to seeing it in action, and I'm betting it works a treat, and that you will be very happy with it!!! I've never even seen one of those before, and think you have done quite well to have scored this one, Sir!! Well done, and many thanks for sharing your "precious" with us!! :thumbup: :clap: :clap: Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

10. Dutchmike

As has been suggested correctly, Petroleum in the german and dutch language means paraffin/kerosene.
    So I find it remarkable that Primus deemed such a heatshield a necessity even for a paraffin outfit.
    Fact is, my petroleum-only 41 without such a gizmo developes a really hot tank with a sizable pan on top, yet keeps on going without boiling noices from inside that container.
    But it would be a welcome feature just for the enhanced appeal: what a lovely detail!
    Remarkable too is the addition "Sport". Perhaps something to do with this type of case?

Initially I thought the 341 SP an enigmatic Primus model, but with some of these stoves now coming out of the woods they are an established model to my mind, albeit very rare still it seems.
    Thank you for sharing, regards, Mike

11. boknasild

boknasild Subscriber

Doc mark
    Thank you for your kind comments

Mike
    This 341 SP is the only Swedish produced P 41 I have. The other P41s in my collection are made under license by Høvik Verk in Norway. They all have this heatshield on top of the tank. The writing is in Norwegian. for TURBRUK means "for hiking/camping.Maybe the former owner installed the heatshield.I've been told these spirit burners get quite hot.After all this interest I believe I have to fire it up soon and post some pictures.
    brgds Bjørn

12. frodo75

Hi again Bjørn.Yes a belive all the 341 SP has a glossy olive color,because all them i`ve seen had that.The same with my second 341 SP.And the heatshield for 341 SP is made of aluminium with no inscriptions and Høvik 41 SP shield is made of steel with inscription as you know.Another difference between silent and roar-burner cases is the position for the notch/hole for regulation wheel.In your case Bjørn,the noch should have been further to the right so the wheel got a 90 degree angle to the case.Regards Frode.

13. boknasild

boknasild Subscriber

Hi
    Here are the flameshots of my P341 SP. The flames were yellow/green but turned to blue after a while. It also simmered quite well. This stove burns very hot. I have to get me a digital infrared thermometer to check how hot compared to my other P41 that runs on paraffin.

Thanks for looking.
    Bjørn

1349982012-341_1.jpg

1349982029-341_2.jpg

1349982044-341_3.jpg

1349982056-341_4.jpg

1349982067-341_5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015