Primus 5.

Discussion in 'Primus No:5 (inc S & J)' started by cmb56, Jan 21, 2017.

1. cmb56

cmb56 Sweden Subscriber

This is an unused Primus 5 manufactured by Optimus sometime after 1962.
    There are no date codes on the stove and that indicates that the stove is made after Optimus obtained the brand in 1962.
    The burner is made by Primus in 1959 (0959).

The stove was missing the outer cap when I bought the stove and I replaced it with a more or less unused spare cap that should be from about the same time.
    I was dealing with a man at a nearby flee market about an Optimus 300 lantern which he wanted 500SEK for. A price I did not wanted to pay and he added this stove into the deal for the same price.
    Of course I said yes but I had not looked at the stove before that so I bought it unseen. The only thing I saw was that the outer cap was missing.
    I was a little surprised to learn that it was unused.

Michael

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

2. abbahco1

abbahco1 Subscriber

This one is from the very years of transition. The burner is the original Primus # 4138 (with Primus Metal cap), rather than the Optimus # 205. The tank lid is an AB BAHCO part (so Optimus were using up the surplus spares from Primus). You'll see that AB BAHCO is stamped someplace on the tank (on one of the top panels). I have an original that is identical, and with its original box, which has an AB BAHCO label still.