Primus 535 -

Discussion in 'Primus No:535' started by parramethtrol, May 20, 2009.

1. parramethtrol

parramethtrol Subscriber

Hi All

Got my first range today. :D/
    I spotted it on ebay last week, buy it now £25, so I couldn't resist.
    After looking at them in the ref gal I reckon this one is late 60s early 70s.
    The name plate reads AB Bahco Made in Sweden and underneath the pump knob says No 535, the burner caps are marked as Primus.

If you're wondering what it is hanging from the left hand spindle it's the burner blanking cap (you can remove one burner for maintenance and still use the stove with the other burner).
    There is a little arm under the stove that it should be clipped into, but I don't think the previous owner trusted this and tied it to the stove instead.

It worked straight out of the polystyrene box that it came in. All I have done is to give it a wipe off with a damp cloth and buff up with a dry towel.
    I'll post some pictures of it running later on.

1355171146-Primus535_01.jpg

1355171152-Primus535_02.jpg 1355171139-Primus535_03.jpg 1355171160-Primus535_04.jpg

1355171170-Primus535_05.jpg 1355171177-Primus535_06.jpg 1355171185-Primus535_07.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. Rick b

Nice one parra,very nice & clean. :clap:

Best regards, Rick

3. mr optimus

mr optimus Subscriber

Congratulations Parra what a outstanding stove and what a stroke of luck to find one of those on buy it now for just £25.00 all most a miracle well done indeed :clap:

4. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Hi Parra, lovely example of this classic stove, and you got the bargain of the year. These Primus No.535 ranges are still highly prized by boat-owners who want to avoid the hazards of using bottled gas or petrol on their vessels.
    I look forward to seeing photos of it operating.

I believe that Francis Chichester used one of these ranges on his circumnavigation, and that our equally famous Henry later fettled the same range for a later voyage.

Best Regards,
    Kerophile.

5. Doc Mark

Doc Mark SotM Winner Subscriber

Hey, Parra,

OUTSTANDING stove, Mate!! Well done! I love it when such wonderful things come to hand, and especially for such an outstanding price!! Have fun with your new Baby, and again, congrats. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

6. parramethtrol

parramethtrol Subscriber

hi George
    was it aimed at boat's when first built ? as i noticed the size of the priming cups buckets there huge is it so it won't slop out when the boats moving ?
    out of habit i filled one up and lit it 5 mins later i'm still stood like an idiot waiting for it to burn down :oops: :lol: no flare up though saying that :roll:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  7. Bom Bom Bom Bom

Nice one. Mine is a mishmashed dog - not even convinced the tank isn't a home made replacement. Got it working but it'll be available for sale or trade at Newark for anyone that having seen Parra's example fancies a project!

8. Littledre

Nice one Bill, when you showed me the picture last week I thought nice stove good buy. Now I have seen your pictures I have changed my mind, Lovely stove and a mad bargain price. You were right, there was no way of turning it down. Hope your taking it to Newark.

9. brassnipplekey

Bargain of the year ... BIN £25 ??? .. How long did it take you to 'Hit the button' ?
    10 seconds ??? ..... So long ?

Nick

10. Bom Bom Bom Bom

The old definition of a millisecond used to be "The time between a New York traffic light turning green and the driver behind you hitting the horn".

The new definition of a millisecond is "The time between Bill seeing the 535 listing and him hitting the BIN button".

11. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Moderator, R.I.P. Subscriber

A fabulous stove and an unbelievable bargain!! :D :D :D

12. spudz

That might just be the explanation.
    Imagine the fun of a flare up on board a pitching yacht. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Great stove and a great price too. :D/ :D/ :D/

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  13. Bob M

TWENTY FIVE POUNDS? In some places you would be accused of robbery! Bloody marvelous mate!
    That's about 1/10 what I paid for my 1st kerosene stove, a 535. Worth every penny. I just love the silent burners. I can see where the model with the rapid preheaters would be the best choice for marine use. That's another on my "wish list".

Bob