Primus 705 - 1946

Discussion in 'Other Models' started by optipri, Jun 30, 2020.

1. optipri

optipri Subscriber

This is actually not a camping stove :lol:. A bit hard to bring a 7 liter, 45 cm tall, item on a camp tour.
    But as there is no other forum for these industrial items I have to post it here. Compare the Primus spirit can to see how huge this item is. From what I have find out it is the biggest single burning stove from Primus.
    Unfortunately is the flame spreader missing. Guess it should be a cast iron piece with a outer diameter of 100-105mm. If anyone has this part I will gladely trade for it.
    This is the earlier version with small bun feets, later models had a rim at the bottom.
    The burner on this one is not vertical, has problay been bent. Have to try to get it back in the original position.

Bo

IMG_20200630_105955.jpg IMG_20200630_110011.jpg IMG_20200630_110027.jpg IMG_20200630_110043.jpg

2. z1ulike

z1ulike United States SotM Winner Subscriber

That looks like a camp stove to me. Just the thing for a Crawfish Boil!

Humboldt 2008 087.jpg

Ben

3. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia
  4. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia
    Bo

The catalogue does say it has a “cast iron flame tube”.

In the absence of cast iron, a visit to a motor vehicle exhaust repair shop might yield a suitable substitute.

Best regards

Tony

@optipri

5. optipri

optipri Subscriber

I was thinking about something similar. Maybe an old plumb tube. The cast iron is more rouch in the surface and give the stove another look.
    Finding an original replacement is probably impossible but a good replication would do fine.
    Ben, a good suggestion. Next time I am going to cook a nice fish soap from a pike I might consider to use this One. No problem of it is a 5 kgs fish.

Bo