Primus 71L AL/y1947 Tank Lid

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Yun124, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Yun124

Yun124 Korea, Republic of Subscriber

Hello!
    As a newbie, I've got another Primus 71 as the attachments, but found missing part, a screw inside of the lid.
    primus 71l AL (2).jpg primus 71l AL (3).jpg primus 71l AL (4).jpg

I've tried to check the part n. out, and found several posts as;
    http://www.fogas.se/rwdx/files//71E-71K-71LS.gif

Not sure, I think 4079 seems the same one as my Dome style tank lid.
    The Fettlebox shows many variations of 71 Lids, it's surely same as 'C', and 4072 might 'B', anybody can confirm it?
    https://www.fettlebox.co.uk/images/cache/primus71.600.jpg

I'm looking forward to get -only the screw OR -replacement tank lid as Dome or the elder one, 'B'.

BaseCamp-shop listed only 4072, but she doesn't list 4079, so don't know how to purchase/get 4079.
    If it's hard to find 4079 (or only its screw only anyway) I'll consider to purchase 4072 as the alternative one.
    For that, should check 4072 & 4079 both are having the same thread in order to use alternatively, because I don't know both can be switched, I've only two 71L one is recent(?!) one which has SRV, so I can't check by myself.

Classics world is vvvery deep...
    I can enjoy the stoves only at my office in this covid19 circumstances, and no time to go out for camping and hiking because of my twins, born year2020, they are still too young...

Any advice would be very glad and helpful for me.

Thanks and keep safe!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  2. Mr.stove

Mr.stove Subscriber

I have had the screw come out of the cap before on a couple of my stoves. I was lucky they were still in the fount and I was able to retrieve them.

3. OMC

OMC United States Subscriber

Yun congrats big daddy!

You want clarification for a Primus 71 part. and
    want to source the part...
    @Spiritburner offered accurate image in 2nd link and might weigh-in as he knows a little something about P71s.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  4. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

5. kerophile

Hi @Yun124 I have a 1939 Primus No.71. It has a domed filler cap, as used on your stove. I have taken some additional photos of my cap:

6. Yun124

Thank you for all your advices!
    @Mr.stove Good to hear the screw was in the fount, but nothing in my one's fount :cry:
    @OMC I think it's 4079, but don't know it can be replaced with 4072 instead. The later version of SRV lid is not having the same thread.
    @kerophile Ah you already posted the same matter! yes, it's just a screw and not the critic one to operate the stove. Do you think the elder lid would be also suitable for this fount's thread?
    Thanks! Yun

7. kerophile

Hi @Yun124 I do not have another cap to try, so I cannot comment on cap thread compatibility.
    I am happy to use my stove with a new rubber washer and have no need for a screw to hold the washer in place.
    Best Regards,
    Kerophile.

8. Yun124

Hello! Thank you for your advice, yes I think so - the screw is just for holding the gasket and no other purpose else! Of course I'll do as yours in case I'll fail to find the replace one :lol: so will make a fkm/viton gasket in next days.