Primus 96 transitional K vs K 1921

Discussion in 'Primus No:96' started by hikerduane, Mar 28, 2020.

1. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

Found this transitional K, Primus made other changes to stoves over the years, but guess this year is where a transitional model was also introduced. One pic does show the early K on the left, it has the air screw off by itself.
    Stove needed a new pump cup, brass mesh added to lipstick, fill cap washer, lead burner to replace the hard washer under the burner, NRV poked. Ran fairly well surprisingly as most need the jet peened.
    Duane
    IMG_5987_opt.jpg
    IMG_5986_opt.jpg
    IMG_5984_opt.jpg
    IMG_5989_opt.jpg
    IMG_5992_opt.jpg
    IMG_5990_opt.jpg
    IMG_5991_opt.jpg
    IMG_5988_opt.jpg
    IMG_5983_opt.jpg

2. The Warrior

The Warrior United States Subscriber

Really nice man. Love that tin too. Congrats.

3. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia
    Thanks for that comparison, Duane.

Cheers

Tony

4. MrAlexxx

MrAlexxx Subscriber

Pretty cool all the differences. Absolutely keep them coming Duane. We need to see the lineup completed! :)

Alex

5. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

Bummed a little. The NRV weeps just a tiny bit and my setup to hold the Swedish NRV tool down to remove the NRV isn't working, it still wants to rise off the NRV head, so will leave it. Not much of a issue. Thank you guys.
    Duane

6. Lighthouse

Lighthouse Sweden Subscriber

The spanner for the late model K is notably thicker and cruder. Is the 'Sweden' stamping slightly raised as well? Here's a link to a 1916 Primus spanner with the aforementioned raised contours: 1916 Primus 96

7. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

The spanner is a slight upgrade from the plain ones on the "A" and earlier model, as it has "Primus" stamped on both sides. I need to research and see when the double "Primus" spanner was used as a few of my collection have that old one, most are stamped with Primus and Sweden.
    Duane

8. Lighthouse

Lighthouse Sweden Subscriber

That plain wrench must be original to your 'A' outfit as well. Mine also came with the plain version. Interesting observation regarding the double ''Primus'' stamp. I shall have a gander at mine when I get the chance.

9. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

A few parts get moved around and also carried over by the factory. I see the fuel cap for a earlier stove has the wrong fuel cap, switched it out for a older cap I had. I have some windshields I need to match to stoves, gave one away recently so may be down a nice one.
    Duane