Primus 96

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by The Warrior, Mar 26, 2020.

1. The Warrior

The Warrior United States Subscriber

Dang habit, haha. Burner bell is missing, but still got it for a decent price. Now the hunt for the bell. Looks like the lipstick burner is not brass, aka nickel, or something. No wrench. Cool case:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

R1, looks to be a 1927 model:

4.jpg

5.jpg

2. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

I didnt notice before, but looks like a screw on the fuel cap. Wonder if that will hold pressure? Hope you got a good price, the bell is about the only thing that there is no after market part for.
    Duane

3. The Warrior

I noticed the screw in the fuel cap, but, being a newb, I didn't know if a 1927 model came like that or not. Sigh...

4. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

I use the Stove Reference Gallery here to see if stoves are correct. Live and learn.
    Duane

5. The Warrior

I actually cancelled the order, and already received a refund. Acted a bit hasty on this one, haha. Yep, live and learn.

6. MrAlexxx

MrAlexxx Subscriber

I glanced at that one. You really gotta give them the evil eye when looking them over. Don't ask me how I know that. lol

Alex

7. The Warrior

Sure do Alex. The listing stated they they didn't know if all the parts were there or not. I did notice the bell missing, but not the wrench, and wasn't sure about the vent screw. I cancelled, was refunded, and the listing was back up again as it was, for the same price. Today, the price is lowered, and the listing states that there is a part missing, although I never stated that. When I asked to cancel, it doesn't ask you why you want to.

8. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

I've spent the last couple years rounding up every spanner I can find to complete my collection, many times I'm happy to get the fount, can always find one you mention for needed parts. At least my two earliest have the correct spanner, those would be near impossible to get.
    Duane

9. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

Also, don't be focused just on a Primus, Optimus has some vintage and newer models, don't be afraid to obtain a Russian clone, just be sure it is complete as Swedish parts won't fit. The Russian clone is quite sturdy, just not the quality refinements of a Swede. I have three Optimus 96's and a couple Russian clones in my 96 selection. Bargains come up on the bay, but some only rely on local yardsale or CL ads for items.
    Duane

10. The Warrior

I have more optimus than primus. I just try to find the best deals. I do have a primus 96 on my radar though. Dont have a lipstick burner yet.

11. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

Keep looking, deals come up.
    Duane