Primus Jupiter

Discussion in 'Russia' started by Neil Humphris, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Neil Humphris Australia

This stove lives in Belarus

On the tank
    Primus Jupiter
    Sole Makers of the genuine Jupiter Apparatus

On the Burner
    Красногвардейск (Russian City - Gatchina, town near St Petersburg was named Красногвардейск 1929-1944)
    цвет мет Штамп (non-ferrous Stamp (mark))

Bought online by my friend in Belarus, from a man in St Petersburg, who says he got it from his grandmother in the village.

More photos tomorrow...

i (2).jpg i (3).jpg i (4).jpg i (5).jpg i (6).jpg i (7).jpg i (8).jpg i (9).jpg i (13).jpg i.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2021
  2. igh371

igh371 SotM Winner Subscriber

@Neil Humphris, Nice find. Interesting to compare with the discussion here. As you will see the precise origin of these Jupiter stoves is still something of a conundrum.
    Ian:thumbup:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  3. Neil Humphris Australia

From my friend "The first and second photos are identical...
    the third and fourth are not similar..
    There is an inscription MODEL SWEDISH"
    i (11).jpg i (12).jpg image.jpg i (14).jpg i (15).jpg

4. Евгений Шаповалов Belarus

Через некоторое времяAfter some manipulation, the stove took on a much better look, but still far from perfect. The most difficult thing was to remove the paint from the tank. She didn’t want to leave until I accepted

Attached Files:

5. Евгений Шаповалов Belarus

Я продолжаю .. я прContinuing .. I used P220 sanding sponge.dipped in vinegar. After this manipulation, the paint came off easily, and I proceeded to further cleaning and manually grinding, because I am sick, I am at home and there are no necessary tools. Sorry, if not the description after mechanical translation will appear in front of you in an unsightly form.Please advise which tool or sandblasting is best to clean. I will accept any of your advice.

Attached Files:

6. Евгений Шаповалов Belarus

Горелка выглядит лучше по сравнению сThe burner looks better compared to the original, but needs improvement. What is the best way to do this? 16170653348503879827273143603188.jpg 16170653348503879827273143603188.jpg IMG_20210201_221239.jpg

Attached Files:

7. Евгений Шаповалов Belarus

В процессе очистки краска откололась.In the process of cleaning the paint, I broke off one leg of the stove and I am waiting for your recommendations on how to restore it. Also on cleaning the other leg of old excess solder. Thanks for your attention and advice E

Attached Files: