Primus Kitchen Range No.145

Discussion in 'Primus No:145' started by Maree, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Maree

1372778742-054_opt.jpg

I'm trying to get any information on this stove, year of manufacture etc. I have exhausted all avenues and even Primus couldn't help me, I can't even find any evidence of others existing. Any help would be greatly appreciated :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. Trojandog

Trojandog United Kingdom Subscriber

Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm sure some of the Swedish members will have come across one of these. Are you sure it is marked 1+5 and not 145? This shows the 145:

1335020354-Primus_5754__5_.jpg

It states that there were three versions:

145/1 - Not enamelled.
    145/2 - Black enamelled.
    145/3 - Green enamelled.

Looks like it should have a fuel tank mounted on the side. Note that 'Petroleum' in German means paraffin/kerosene not petrol/gasoline.

Have a browse through the Primus catalogues in the Reference section and you may find other mentions - Link

Terry

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  3. Maree

Thanks Terry, and yes it does look like the 145 in the picture, I will have to re inspect it closely to make sure the 4 hasnt been partially erased, and I will suss out the link you have provided and let you know how I go :D once again thankyou, Maree

4. Trojandog

Hi again Maree. Just found this thread which may help - Link (if you click on the images they will open in a larger view).

Terry

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  5. Maree

I've had a look at the catalogue and it definitely looks like the 145, and was made in the 30's from what I can gather, its great to finally get some history on it, just wonder if anyone else out there has one? thanks again Terry for your help :D and as we say in Australia........ cheers mate :thumbup:

6. Christer Carlsson

Christer Carlsson Moderator SotM Winner

It mustn't be as old as from the 30's. They existed atleast into the 50's.

I already told you it must be a 145 when you first posted this at CPL.
    Where did the 1+5 get from despite that? :-k
    146 is another version with a backplate and shelf as you saw in the 50's Condrup catalogue I posted a link to.

And I also repeat that the heating apparatus with its tank, pump and burner pop up now and then, so it is not impossible that you'll get it going one of these days if you're persistant.
    I can keep an eye open for it, but I guess shipping to Australia for a large tank like that is pretty expensive.

This is a nice range, and I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one! =P~

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  7. David Shouksmith

David Shouksmith Subscriber

My guess would be that if the angled line was missing from the '4', it would resemble a '+' - see image, the '4' looks incomplete.

Also probably explains why Primus were unable to find any information...

8. Christer Carlsson

Christer Carlsson Moderator SotM Winner

Yes, I saw the 1+5 too at CPL. Worn decals and badges are common.
    But since I told her it was a 145 - and it was a statement, not a guess - it's just a bit irritating that she didn't believe me.
    But you are most certain correct in that it can explain why Primus had difficulties if they were told it was a 1+5.

9. Maree

My apologies - there was never a question of disbelief. I'm new to all this and didn't see your post in CPL!

I didn't give Primus the number of the stove, I just sent them a picture! But yes, I think the angle on the 4 has been worn off which makes it look like a + (ie 145 looks like 1+5). I also had a look in the Primus catalogues and it was advertised in a 1930s edition so thats where I got the idea it was produced in the 1930s. Please correct me if I'm wrong. :thumbup: Cheers Maree

10. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin SotM Winner Subscriber

Hi - the catalogue Christer linked for you on the CPL site was from 1952 so you need to check the available catalogues & look for changes, sometimes subtle to narrow it down.

As Christer did, Primus should have referred you here. They normally do with such queries. Google also normally directs such queries here.

You have a great item there!

11. Maree

:D/ After an exhaustive search we have located the fuel tank for my 145 stove and will post some pics soon. I have to say it was like winning the lottery when we located it.

cheers Maree

12. Maree

1374293848-IMG_0265_opt.jpg 1374293876-IMG_0263_opt.jpg :clap:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  13. Trojandog

Ah..., I had assumed that it was just the tank that hung on the side of the stove. I didn't realise that the burner was attached. Makes sense though - much easier to light and service. Can't believe you managed to track that down. Look forward to seeing it running.

Terry

14. David Shouksmith

David Shouksmith Subscriber

When you say you've located 'the' (as opposed to 'a') fuel tank for your stove, I presume you went back to the place you found the range and the missing parts were still there. Otherwise, as Terry said, you've been very lucky - well done.

It'll be nice to see it up-and-running again... :thumbup:

15. Maree

My partner actually came across the tank a few years ago and wasn't sure what it was for! Then we recently found the stove in an old shed and we put 2 and 2 together. Then when he went to get the tank it was gone. One of the stockman on the property took a shining to it and took it home and after weeks of feeling guilty decided to return it. :D I love happy endings. Anyway, thanks everyone for their help and I can't wait to be posting pics of it up and running :)

cheers Maree.