Primus Multifuel, NIB!!

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Greeley, May 1, 2020.

1. Greeley

Greeley United States Subscriber

Well, I thought I was finished purchasing stoves, but this jumped out at me - a new, unused, in-the-box Primus Multifuel, Model 328883! At a reasonable price, I might add. The parts bag with the all-metal pump contains a pricker, a multi-tool, the 28 jet and the pump grease. However it also has the remains of a small red rubber (gasket, I would guess).

I do not plan to use it at present, but I have two questions: one, if I were to use it are there any seals, o-rings, etc., that should be replaced first due to the age of the stove? Two, what would that red gasket be?

Years ago I had a Varifuel, in use it sounded like an Atlas missile on takeoff. Would the Multifuel be as loud? Just asking!

Tom

2. pyro_P Australia

Pictures would be helpful.

3. HunterStovie

HunterStovie United States Subscriber

@Greeley,

Since he says all metal pump, i would say it's a Primus Himalaya Multifuel. The pump gasket is a thick flat oring which primus might have, You can also purchase a pump kit from primus.us. I don't know if they still have the specific maintenance kits for that stove. There might be an oring on the spindle in the pump but I've never had to replace that one.

Basically same stove, same sound.

Service Kit, SKU: P-721290, or try ebay

Mike

Last edited: May 2, 2020
  4. Greeley

Here are pictures of teh stove and parts. Date code on the connector is N9, apparently 2006 production. And the top of the box with the date information was apparently torn off by the previous owner. Since the printed directions and pictures make no mention of such a gasket I am wondering if the red "thing" is simply a rubber band to hold things together in the plastic bag???

Thanks, Tom

Attached Files:

5. Greeley

After looking at some pictures of Himalaya Multifuel stoves on the 'bay, I need to amend my post - the pump is NOT the all-metal one as in the Himalaya; it hs the black plastic shroud. And, the Himalaya bag is blue, and mine is black. Still wondering about the red thing - on the pump there is a gap where it screws into the Lindal valve of the fuel line. Should there be a gasket there? See pic.

Attached Files:

6. Lennart F

Lennart F Sweden Subscriber

A gasket there should not do any sense - and that red residue looks like the cheap household rubber bands usually falling apart in a couple of years or sooner.
    You have the regular Ergo pump that is standard for most modern Primus liquid fuel stoves.

7. HunterStovie

HunterStovie United States Subscriber

@Greeley
    If you remove the retainer and screw from the pump there will be a blue oring there, sometimes I've seen 2. Yes that was a rubber band.

I would still recommend finding a pump kit even if it's from ebay or online. The NRV in the pump has a brass pip with and oring that flattens with age and will eventually leak.

The gasket for the lindel valve is in the fuel regulator.

Mike

8. Yun124

Old post,
    afaik the last revision of Himalaya Multifuel was sold with the newer pump, Ergopump as this post's photo.
    Regarding the red ones, very curious but the photo is not very clear and having so high definition. what do you think - The Electric wires which has many very thinner copper wire-lines in order to use as the pricker at the field, only based on my expectation.
    Furthermore that red one wasn't included at my y1999(apprx.) Himalaya box package, but mine included the old style pricker with MADE IN SWEDEN embossing instead of the red ones.
    You found the differences as Sack color, Pump. but there was another thing that your fuel line & knob is the newer version which is the same or similar as the recent Omnifuel's hose & knob.
    The previous revision of Himalaya Multifuel had another style hose and knob, the bigger black knob and thicker valvebody.
    I like the recent version, because it looks more fancy, and might be lightweight.
    Yun

Attached Files: