Primus No:16 nickel plated 1955 (AU z) this one has the later burner.

Discussion in 'Primus No:16' started by Lennart F, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Lennart F Sweden

Found this cutie today with a nice price tag, it was an exact fit in my saddle bag, back home i found the filler seal could scratch a diamond, pump again with new seal and it blew like :twisted::whistle: from the jet with "closed" valve! OK - the needle, hmm - no tools in the right size:^o my other fettled stoves had 4mm tool size on jet and nrv. Using eyesight to estimate this one is 5mm, making a new tool and:D/, then needing 2 tries before getting the pricker high enough to allow closed valve as I didn't remember the exact turns before installing the needle:oops: and too lazy to trawl around CCS to find the instruction.

Pic1.jpg

Pic2.jpg

Pic3.jpg

Pic4.jpg

It came with a priming bottle that use to be tagged more than half the price I paid - and three new Optimus stove prickers and jet+pricker+tool that seems to fit my Optimus 930A lantern.:D

Pic5.jpg

My 2 smoke detectors upstairs are old but both worked perfekt today as I fired up before opening the front door.:-({|=

Pic6.jpg

Still a small leak in the NRV but it works so that's another days job.

2. ROBBO55

ROBBO55 Subscriber

Nice find :thumbup:

3. Lennart F Sweden

I shouldn't buy more stoves, but there was a lovely Primus 2246 Super Trekker butane stove cook set beside a mistreated Radius 5 S:or way too cheap earlier this week.
    Now it seems to be 28 pressure kero stoves and one Husqvarna Beatrice 2 wick kero stove. 9 of my storm cookers are Trangia - it isn't easy to know which to cook on.:-k](*,)

4. Tracer

Tracer Subscriber

Have also found a 16 passed week, the brass version.
    Great stove and great find!