1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Primus No.41: Full disassembly and fettle.

Discussion in 'Fettlers Master Class' started by Tony Press, Jan 7, 2017.

1. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Moderator Subscriber

Hi Doc

You have made a valid comment on something I had not thought about.
    I was presuming that the original maker and seller of the jet removal tools was no longer offering them for sale.
    I stand corrected, and am pleased that you have tried to contact him.

I see no problem with a person trying to make one himself, but I agree entirely about the tools being 'mass produced' without the original designer agreeing.
    For me it was a case of thinking that Ray could easily produce them now that they are not available on the Internet.

I will be interested in a reply from your contact with the original seller. I would also be interested to know if that same person was the original designer.

2. Rhubarb

Rhubarb Subscriber

Edited to give my thanks for the excellent tutorial! Taking all those photos, and then putting together a long post like this can be more laborious than fettling a stubborn stove. Outstanding work, thanks so much!

Not sure if this a faux pas or not, but here is the - link - to a completed auction for the aforementioned tool.

3. Longilily

Longilily United Kingdom Subscriber

Well done Tony :clap:

4. richmay

richmay Subscriber

@Tony Press

Sorry to diverge agian

The seller will post to the UK at least, i purchased an articulated jet removal tool from him about 18 months ago
    Cheers

5. Doc Mark

Doc Mark United States Subscriber

Greetings, All,

I received a reply to my question to the NRV maker, and he says he will have more tools like Tony used on this outstanding Primus 41, at the end of January, or early in February. His eBay handle is "40Varga", and here is a link to his seller's site:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/40varga/m.html?ssPageName=STRK:MEFSXS:MESOI&_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2654

Since Tony used one of his excellent tools, and as I have used them, too on stoves like the 41, I thought it would be helpful to anyone who is following Tony's outstanding report on fettling a #41. Thanks, again, Tony, for your top of the line report!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

6. monkeyboy United States

Well, very interesting and helpful thread, so I feel good about bringing it back up.
    Thanks for posting the link for me.

uzz

7. Longilily

Longilily United Kingdom Subscriber

Great news Doc :thumbup: (my list is long enough as it is :-({|=, still got 50 one way bearings awaiting time to make those jet ratchets :doh: ](*,)) aside work for the FB and Redspeedster too :oops: :?

Cheers

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017