Primus No3 found in a shed

Discussion in 'Primus No:3' started by Shed-man, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Shed-man

Shed-man R.I.P.

Hi People, Just got this cracking Primus No3 dated 1955. It is in perfect condition, no dents, scratches or other damage. And, a bonus; the cast iron pan ring is complete and not cracked; It even still has some of the original gold paint unburnt, so this stove has hardly been used. It hold 7 pints, is 12" tall, 9.75" tank diameter, 13" across the pan ring, and weighs 3.7Kg. A true monster. Glad to say it works perfectly, and still has the restrictor/filter at the base of the roarer burner. Some mega power machine. Some pics for you.

1285937810-P1010740.JPG 1285937830-P1010741.JPG 1285937950-Primus_No_3-2.JPG 1285937866-P1010744.JPG 1285937880-P1010742.JPG

Regards to all - Steve.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. Lance

:-k Aah lad you forgot to mention the fuel tanker to follow you about to keep it in fuel. I'd suggest nothing less than a 25 hundred liter model. :shock: :whistle:

lance

3. John Leah

The seller of the RM Range 320 I bought recently lived nearby so I collected it in person. When he showed me in I immediately saw his pride and joy under the weight of which his dining table was groaning; it was an immaculate Primus No 3.

This is a very impressive stove and, until you see one in the flesh, as it were, you just can't appreciate how magnificent they are.

I want one – but I’ll have to strengthen my tables first :lol:

Cheers,
    John

4. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Moderator, R.I.P. Subscriber

Steve

Good luck finding that stove.

I love these domestic big stoves.

Great for heating things like a Coleman oven.

Yours is in fantastic condition - unlike mine!!!

5. Shed-man

Shed-man R.I.P.

Aint' going to keep it. It will end up on Evil Bay soon. I get my pleasure out of fettling them, and do not have the space to keep them all. This is a particularly good one though.

Thanks for your comment. Steve.

6. Admin

Admin Courtesy of Iani

Steve

It is a beautiful stove.
    I suspect it will be above my budget, when it goes on Ebay.
    Dont get spending all your money down the pub, just remember you have got your zimmer now.

Take care mate

Trevor

You'll have to get out on Ebay a bit more. I picked up a couple of OP3's, PR3's, and I am waiting for a, hopefully, a PR8, over the last couple of months.

Kind regards to both of you,
    Ian