Primus Omnilite Ti Pump to fuel line knob hard to turn

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by kawnipi, Jul 7, 2019.

1. kawnipi

Hello,

I've got an Primus Omnilite Ti Pump that is becoming difficult to attach to the stove fuel line. The issue is with the knurled plastic knob coming out of the pump assembly, it is very stiff to turn (please refer to picture). I've tried lubricating with grease and oil, but neither seem to help much.

Anyone have experience with this?

Cheers

signal-2019-07-07-103543.jpg

2. Afterburner

Knurled plastic knob inside the pump body is like male part in this connector:
    [​IMG]

Small screw on top of the pump secures that small metal clip that is like locking on female connector in above picture. Un-screw small screw, remove metal clip, pull hose connector out from the pump and see what causes it not rotate freely.

Maybe o-ring is deformed or there is some dirt that causes it not to rotate freely. :-k

3. kawnipi

Thanks for the quick help! I wasn't sure how the metal clip was supposed to detach and didn't want to damage the plastic.

It seems it was just a bit dirty inside. After cleaning the hose connector and regreasing it spins like new.

Cheers

4. Jazzman56

Jazzman56 Subscriber

I have had the same experience with an Omnilite Ti. Removing the metal clip / cleaning and regreasing worked for me too !

5. SimonFoxxx

SimonFoxxx Subscriber

I have one of these, handy information. Thanks.

Cheers
    Simon Foxxx

6. Yun124

Hello,
    In addition, you can find hereattached part in order to replace that lindal valve for EN417 standard valve connection.
    Primus part. # 734960 Connection valve, (sometimes P734960, P-734960, Primus must do correction for their system how to remark/mention their part n.)

Connection valve for 732230-31
    thanks.

primus 734960.jpg