"Primus Touristy"- Optimus 8R Clone 1993

Discussion in 'Russia' started by kerophile, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Harder D. Soerensen

Harder D. Soerensen Denmark Subscriber

2. Sternenlicht

Sternenlicht Subscriber

@Harder D. Soerensen
    Thanks for the link Harder!
    But I don't want to replace the decals, I was just wondering...

Ciao, Bastian

3. Migwar Lebanon

Really appreciated your kind replies @Harder D. Soerensen
    And @presscall
    @Harder D. Soerensen for the filter, the problem is not that fuel is dirty, the quality itself is low and it seems it includes additives that are not healthy for the stove. However catching water will be good thing to do. I was thinking to try running it on another kind of fuel. But not sure about the results. Another option is ordering the repair kit and substitute the wick first. Thanks again

4. Harder D. Soerensen

Those Russian stoves are quite robust as long as you do not let them run out of fuel, which can scorch the wick.
    I wouldn’t be too worried to have them running on lead free Gasoline, if thats the best fuel source you can get.
    If the PT-1 starts to clog - its fairly easy to take it apart and clean it. You can do that with the little key/tool that comes with it.
    I know a member in here made an adapter for cartridge butane/propane gas for PT-1.

5. ROBBO55

ROBBO55 Subscriber

6. Migwar Lebanon

@Harder D. Soerensen many thanks again for the valuable comments, I will keep that in mind, concerning the wick and will try tweaking the stove with care as much as possible. All the best

7. Migwar Lebanon

@ROBBO55 Much appreciated, looks promising to me, will be exploiting some stores today, trying to find these alternatives or something similar. Will keep you posted :) Cheers

8. Migwar Lebanon

@Harder D. Soerensen Another thing, yesterday found a little flame burning for 3 to 5 seconds. It seems that the stove is not properly shutting off, knowing that, no leakage trace is found afterwards. Read somewhere it is related to closing the spindle till end, gave all knobs some firm turns, however the stove kept that little candle on for up to 5 seconds after each shutoff. Will look into them issues one after another. Wick, change fuel, fix the head flame diffuser, and then later substitute some of the parts, o rings etc.. as per the link provided. That's my plan :) cheers and thanks for everything

9. Harder D. Soerensen

The small flame is usually down to either dirt (or wear ‘n tear) in the contact area between the spindle and the housing - or because the pricker has been set too low.

If everything fails - I have one almost brand new for sale ;-)

10. Migwar Lebanon

@Harder D. Soerensen Let me see, I will try playing a bit, this one looks new in form. Acquiring also some experience. Buying one in optimum condition won't harm though:), do I have to private message you by email or something else to get some pictures with the price? Thanks a lot.