Punker D.2.

Discussion in 'Punker' started by Christer Carlsson, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Christer Carlsson

Christer Carlsson Moderator SotM Winner

Double burner alcohol stove.

Each vaporizer tube has a thick brass brush, which can be seen taken out from one burner in the backside picture. These brushes should be cleaned regularely according to this instruction sheet.
    The lid of the tank has a clever feature with a little cup deep in the tank (as seen on the third picture). This cup has a spring loaded valve, and shall be used to carry a well proportioned dose of alcohol for each burners preheating need. -Lift it up from the tank, and press the valve against each preheating cup to portion the alcohol that came out when lifting it from the tank.

1218482951-d2front.jpg 1218482957-d2back.jpg 1218482966-d2preheat.jpg 1218482975-d2relief.jpg 1218482985-d2stickers.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  2. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin SotM Winner Subscriber

Ingenious priming device.

Is Svensk Sprit also known as Punker or maybe a parent company? Or are they a 3rd party seller?

Sounds like they may be primarily an alcohol fuel supplier. My googling brings up results I can't readily translate. :oops:

3. Christer Carlsson

My guess would also be that AB Svensk Sprit was a fuel supplier, who perhaps gave Punker the commission to manufacture some alcohol stoves.

As you know, Punker also made paraffin stoves.
    And carbide lanterns that were identical with Primus models. (Might have been army orders. They tend to be pretty rectified regardless the manufacturer.)

4. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin SotM Winner Subscriber

I didn't! Or if I did I forgot! :oops:

5. Christer Carlsson

Oops! I might have been a bit rash there...
    I felt pretty sure they made paraffin stoves.
    Now I'm not! :oops:

Thers's no doubt about the carbide lanterns, though!
    I have several of them. :lol:

6. joakim_stromberg@yahoo.co

joakim_stromberg@yahoo.co Subscriber

Hello Christer
    Thought of adding a picture of the Box as well, Then we have all in one post.
    I got two punkers myself, both one burner and double burner, but they are not in the same fine condition as yours.

Best Regards
    Joakim

1218490839-fotogen_punker_reklam_7432.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  7. Christer Carlsson

Nice to see the box, Joakim.
    Was it for an identical stove? There were slight differences in these, as you can see here.

The guy I got my Punker from actually had the box up until he sold the stove.
    He couldn't imagine that the box itself was of any interest, so it was thrown away... :cry:

8. joakim_stromberg@yahoo.co

joakim_stromberg@yahoo.co Subscriber

Hej Christer
    The box is for the identical type of stove as yours, however for the one burner model, but as the one and two burner model are from the same model serie I would assume the boxes do so to.

Strange this with boxes, but I must admit that for one year ago, I had thrown away the box too, but I learn in the same pace that my garage are getting smaller and smaller.
    Best Regards
    Joakim