PW model 2 leak at gas orifice

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by NW Lady, Oct 29, 2018.

1. NW Lady

I am having trouble with a leak at the gas orifice of my PW model 2. I think I have seen a diagram of a PW burner...but I seemed to have failed to mark it as a "favorite". Does any know of such a diagram?
    Doesn't seem to have a replaceable gas tip.

2. shueilung.2008

shueilung.2008 Subscriber

3. cottage hill bill

cottage hill bill Subscriber

That is a much later stove with a very different burner/generator set up and doesn't really apply to her problem.

4. snwcmpr

snwcmpr SotM Winner Subscriber

I made a tip for a Turner.
    Can you post photos of what you are asking about?

5. NW Lady

Thank you, Gents

My little PW is having a few tough (for me) leak issues.

1) leaking at gas tip. Even after cleaning the tips of the spindles. one in particular will leak off and on when closed. Next tinning? or a new spindle machined? or ??
    2) leak at a brass to cast iron threaded connection at arrow in last pic. brass piece should be stationary but moves approx. 15 to 20 deg. with the torque of turning the wagon wheel spindle off or on. I would have to REALLY force it to complete an entire turn so that it would again be in the correct position to accept the fuel control spindle so haven't tried that. Hoping to hear about/find some goop I can put on the thread to make it "stay put" that can take heat.

Wagon wheel fuel control spindle is the rod seen on the right of the 4th pic. The gas tip is the rounded bump in the last pic.
    Interesting fuel flow design.

Any help appreciated! Mary
    Pics...

downsized.JPG

DSC_7752.JPG

clean tips.JPG

down sized.JPG

DSC_7778.JPG