Quad-state meet

Discussion in 'Events & Meets' started by Lance, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Lance

Okay how about we members in the upper west mid-west have a meet. I'm thinking in the quad-state area of; Iowa, Illionis, Minnisota, Wisconsion. Of coarse it won't be limited to members in these states but it seems a reasonable idea. Surely there are a few parks in the tri state (IA,Wi,MN)area we could meet.

Lets set a date for April 1 or there abouts.

lance

2. Texas

That area of North East Texas (quad state area??)is a tad geographically undesirable for me and the temperatures in April have not risen to an acceptable level just yet. Still hard winter until the night time temps are no lower than the mid 70's F.

Good idea though.

Bob

3. Lance

Pity, we'll miss you.

lance

6 But my aim shall improve. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. nagant

Sounds good Lance! Anyone have good central spot? some where in the driftless area of wisconsin maybe? Prarrie du chein, La Croose or along the lower wisconsin river? Wait April 1st! 8-[ is this a trick to get me away from my stove stash? Well i will just bring them all just in case :D

5. Lance

"Prarrie du chein, La Croose." I like the sound of the Prarrie du Chein area. If'n i remember right there is a Cabella's there abouts for when we get tired of stove'n, and drink'n coffee. And i know for sure there are some nice pubs in the area. Truckers know these things, Don't ch'a know.

So how about it lads All you ones from the Twin cities and folks out Chi-town way and down state Iowa and Illinois.

lance

6. nagant

been crazy last 2 day's Lance with no end till tuesday. I stayed in prarrie and it is a nice town! and a gambling boat across the river, lots of semi's parked along that road :-k .

7. Canadian Iain

Canadian Iain Subscriber

Pick a date guys and I'll try to make it. Last year didn't work for me and I want to make up for it. Can you nail down where Prarrie du chein is as all I can locate is something in Crawford Wisconsin.

Iain

8. David Shouksmith

David Shouksmith Subscriber

This it? Prairie du Chien

I'm not planning on attending, mind, but it would be nice..! :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  9. Lance

That would be a treat Ian. Come on and make this a true international event. :D :clap: :D :clap: :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  10. Lance

Okay lads and lass's i have reserved two adjoining camping sites along the Wisconson Ridge, at Wyalusing campgrounds, for Friday and Saturday nights. Each site will hold 2-3 tents depending on size. I'll have room for another party in my tent so if you are coming single i'll share.

We can arrive early and pay for the camping prior to the beginning of the reservation times. I plan to be there beginning on Wednesday and staying through Sunday.

Fees have been paid by me, and you can reemburse me when you arrive.

Lance

11. alanwenker

alanwenker Subscriber

I haven't had enough coffee yet this morning. Which weekend did you pick?

12. Lance

Ooh 'ell i knew i'd forget something. last days of April first days of May. So that would be the first weekend of May. I plan to arrive Wednesday April 28th and stay until Sunday May 2nd.

lance

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  13. Canadian Iain

Canadian Iain Subscriber

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  14. Lance

Yes Ian that is it. I reserved two sites, #'s 101 and 104 for the weekend.

And you don't need to bring any stoves as i will have more than enough for everyone to cook on.

lance

15. nagant

I will be there with my canoe and a few stoves! so anyone can use the canoe if they want as there is a nice canoe trail thru the back water area right below the campsites within the park. work is finally picking up a little so i cant say for sure about Friday night but early Saturday for sure. and i should have three tilley bowlfires up and running by then as I'm only short 1 mantle. the wife would come also if she's not the only woman there. I will talk her into it anyway as she is a great sport and alot more fun and better looking then I.

16. alanwenker

alanwenker Subscriber

I checked my weekends and May won't work for me. This weekend falls between two weekends in which I am gone and household politics dictate I lose this battle as part of winning the war.

17. Canadian Iain

Canadian Iain Subscriber

I got the Friday booked off so I be there late in the evening then an early departure on Sunday morning. About 2600 Km or 1600 miles. This is going to be a long weekend. :) Then add helping to move my daughter the day before.

Iain

P.S. Alan, darn it. I have some stuff for you. I was planning on meeting you to boot!

18. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Hey, Guys,

Thanks sounds like it's shaping up to be a fine Stove Gathering!! I most certainly wish I could join you, but time is short, and distances a tad too long to allow it to happen. However, I eagerly await any reports and photos that are forthcoming after the event!! :thumbup: :D :D Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

19. alanwenker

alanwenker Subscriber

Iain, I'm not all that exciting in person. I really hate to miss this, maybe I can toss out just one night. Got to pick the right moment.

20. DAVE GIBSON

DAVE GIBSON Subscriber

Alan..i have the same 'problem' as you--if you can find a day let me know and i can use that as a excuse to get away for a day or so.if we head down together i can pay for the gas.