Quick Meal Series 2 Camp Stove

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Braden Kopack, Jan 12, 2021 at 12:56 AM.

1. Braden Kopack United States

I found a Quick Meal Series 2-Burner Cast Iron Camp stove with the American Stove Co. stamp underneath. I am wondering if the white porcelain legs were common on these. It’s confusing having both the American Stove Co. stamp and the Quicks Meals plate on the same cast iron stove. If anybody has seen one of these please let me know. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. z1ulike

z1ulike United States SotM Winner Subscriber

You can read the history of Quick Meal stove at this website. This might help explain why both company names are on your stove. I don't know about the legs except the stove on this website also has white legs. My guess is that they are original.

Ben

3. Braden Kopack United States

Thanks for the info. Their website does explain the reason for the 2 names. There is not a lot of info. related to camp stoves or it’s age. Do you think this stove is from the early 1900’s or more like the 50’s and later? Thanks again.

4. SveaSizzler

SveaSizzler United States Subscriber

I've never even heard of them, so I'm hardly an expert, but going by the style alone, it's way earlier than '50s.

5. cottage hill bill

cottage hill bill Subscriber

Welcome Branden. Even though it is relatively small your stove isn't a camp stove. It was designed to be a permanent kitchen fixture in a house. As houses became able to use natural gas inside stoves like this became an alternative to wood burning stoves. A gas stove being much quicker and easier to get burning than a wood stove made them a attractive option.

6. Braden Kopack United States

That’s really interesting. It makes more sense as to why the legs look like they do then. I have just never seen one like this before and online there seems to be a gap in the information relating to them. Thank you for the response.

7. z1ulike

z1ulike United States SotM Winner Subscriber

My guess would be 1920s. The burners an knobs look similar to those on this stove identified as being from the 1920s.

Ben

8. Braden Kopack United States

It definitely does look similar. Thanks for the picture.