Radius 10

Discussion in 'Radius No:10' started by Dutchmike, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Dutchmike

This household stove impressed me with it's simmering qualities - literally that is - and made me even want to have a major powercut (I have lamps too) for the heck of it. I still consider the enormous fillercap with it's inbuild pressure release a superfluous monstrosity. What's the point, especially with paraffin?

1219014037-Radius_10.jpg 1219014058-Radius_10_tank.jpg 1219014091-Radius_10_knob.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. Bom Bom Bom Bom

Hi Mike, Could it possibly be a belt and braces approach to the intended indoor use fo this type of stove? For domestic use it's likely domestic size cooking pots would be used potentially causing greater reflected heat down on the tank, compared to the smaller size pots used with camping stoves? Also, you might want a more controlled pressure release for inside use in the event of a pressure build up than in the open air (unlikely I know). Just some thoughts!

3. Ian

Ian Subscriber

Radius seemed to go berserk on safety/filler caps; compare the sweet unadorned tank of the early model No.42 with the later model sporting that hideous carbuncle of a combined filler/safety. Destroyed the line of the stove completely IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  4. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Moderator, R.I.P. Subscriber

Hi Ian

I agree.
    Virtually the same safety cap is also on their 119 lantern.
    Even though the lantern is much larger than Christer's stove, it still looks large.

1219158611-i-5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  5. Dutchmike

Hello Graham,

There is little volatillity to paraffin. I am convinced this "safety valve" was a sales pitch, nothing more. And thus were the paraffin appliances adorned with these nickled warts.
    As for the petrol stoves, I still have not learned of a dangerous situation because of a hot tank (bursting?).

Not that I am complaining about the looks too much; it lends an odd "character" to the rig, don't you think?

Regards,
    Mike