Radius #42

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Landscaperbob, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Landscaperbob United States

I acquired a box about 40 years ago and have been saving for a rainy day. Contains 2 unused radius #42's. One still wrapped in paper and unopened. Looking to sell and came across this site. Most likely going to ebay, 20200223_145235.jpg 20200223_144956_HDR.jpg 20200223_144635.jpg 20200223_145235.jpg 20200223_144956_HDR.jpg 20200223_144635.jpg 20200223_144827.jpg but looking for thoughts here......

2. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

Very nice. There are sure to be those who want them.

3. SveaSizzler

SveaSizzler United States Subscriber

Nice. It even has a couple of blow torch nozzles for warming pine pitch into the soles of wooden cross country skis. And stripping the wax off.

4. Ed Winskill

I'm a long-time Nordic skier. I have many skis (not as many as stoves), that I have picked up cheap over the years, by wily practices. But even my user oldies from decades ago are fiberglass, be they waxless or waxable.

Yet I have two pairs of Asnes wooden skis, beautiful, brand new, never prepped or used, that I bought 30+ years ago at an estate sale. They were near-forgotten olde classics even then. They are still there in my basement. I used to think that one day I would procure pine tar and a torch, and get to work. Yet I never have and....well....

But I haven't parted with them, yet. But then, nobody would want them, alas....

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  5. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia
    Welcome! And great stove.

That’s a great contribution to our information here, @Landscaperbob.

You might think about posting this and a few more pics in the Reference Gallery.

Cheers

Tony

6. SveaSizzler

SveaSizzler United States Subscriber

I had a pair of Asnes X-C skis in the Late '70s. I owned a Svea 123, but never thought to use it to warm-in my pine tar. Instead, I bought a Ronson blowtorch that used some proprietary cartridge that was obsolete all too soon.
    The wood skis warped somehow, but they got a second life as wall decorations, crossed, below the cathedral ceiling in my parent's A-frame Chalet in the White Mountains of Arizona. They were still on the wall when we sold the place in '95.

7. Ed Winskill

A lot of those nice old skis on a lot of lodge and cabin walls.....