Radius No. 19

Discussion in 'Other Models' started by cooter303, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia
    @cooter303

Unless you have very good wind-shields, a roarer burner will always be more reliable in the field than a silent burner. I use both in the field, but I have folding aluminium windshields that enclose the stoves.

Cheers

Tony

2. afoton

The top is the same for the both size of burners. The catalogs in the reference library clearly display this, there is only one top with only one part number (433 Lågspridare. Till brännare 437, 537 (That means 433 flame spreader. For burners 437, 537)). The top perform the same, because the two burners have the same jet.

This top has changed form once in the twenties, so the two tops in my thread are of different age, but they are interchangable.

3. cooter303

image.jpeg @OMC @kerophile
    Here is a pic of the stove up and running. Had to replace the cap gasket. I think Iam going to take some advice and lesve this stove at home. Use it pnce on awhile. I have a 70's primus 100 that is about the same size for use at the cabin. Thanks for all the info pn this stove. I am now a member so I can get more info on these old stoves.

4. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Hi Scott @cooter303 . You have a lovely, relatively rare, stove there working as it should. The Radius special silent burner produces a wonderful flame pattern.
    Access to the stove catalogues and other documents opens up a whole new world of stove information so welcome to the Subscribers "club".
    Best Regards,
    Kerophile.

5. Northern Light

Congratulations on a great stove Scott @cooter303. I believe @kerophile is spot on. The details indicate that it was manufactured in 1933 or earlier.