Re: AFC Ranger 2 model 1085

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Julie Micksch, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Julie Micksch Canada

Would anyone know where I could find a regulator for a AFC Ranger 2 model 1085 as the one for my Dad’s stove has gone missing. Or are they any stoves that use a similar regulator that I could use instead. Or would a gas fitter be able to fabricate one for me. The stove has sentimental value to me. Thanks so much. Julie

2. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

3. Julie Micksch Canada

Hi, Thank-you. I did see and read this post however, i actually need a whole regulator as my unit, handed down from my deceased father, is missing. The post you sent me did mention that regulators of this model can be hard to find, but this gentleman still had his and was inquiring about fixing his. Cheers, Julie

4. geeves

geeves New Zealand Subscriber

Is yours the same as the other picture? Its a strange stove with both burners running at bottle pressure and the only regulation being the tap at the bottle. Worth fixing for collecting or sentimental reasons but not a regular user esspecially if you like cooking with different heats at the same time. The tap/regulator is the same as many portable bbqs so should be easy to obtain along with a fixing to your gas bottle and whatever fixing is on the stove. Add a length of gas hose and its done

5. Julie Micksch Canada

Thank you for the response. I didn't know that the stove had those limitations (not being to cook at different heats) but now I do. When I looked at the connection it didn't look like anything I'd ever seen before and I do have a portable bbq. Is there possibly something else missing from the connection. I've included a couple more pictures. Thanks

Attached Files: