Replacement Magnetic Cleaning Needle For Old Optimus Nova?

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Lifelist, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Lifelist United States

Hi,

I have an old Optimus Nova (has the steel hex nut on bottom of burner and CEJN connector; and made in Sweden) and recently lost the cleaning needle. I was doing maintenance while camping and it fell in the dirt under the picnic table. I spent a couple of hours looking for it until I gave up. Must have bounced or gotten buried.

My question is, will the needle in the large spares kit for the current Nova fit my stove? I want to know before I try to purchase the kit. Is there any source for just the needle? (Unlikely, I know...)

Thanks.

2. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

Welcome to CCS.

I have not tried the replacement.
    Someone will be along that has.

3. Tron

Tron Subscriber

It will fit. So will the included jet, there is only one jet for the Novas. I think the needle was altered at some point, but it will fit both old and new. I have two old ones, and have had a couple of the current ones. The jet/needle in my Optimus Polaris look the same as well.

Tron

4. Lifelist United States

Excellent. Thanks for the information.

5. Lifelist United States

Just to follow up. It took some effort and patience to actually find someone who had the spare parts kit for a reasonable price and shipping, but I finally got one. The cleaning needle does indeed fit my old Nova. I ordered the Optimus Spare Parts Kit for Nova / Nova+ / Polaris Optifuel; and, this kit had the cleaning needle which fit.