Rippingilles Albion lamp Co. 410 oven

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by Mike the stove, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Mike the stove

identifying and dating Rippingilles ovens can be difficult, more often than not they are referred to as 'Victorian' when most are much later.! A simple cut off point is 1937 when the company name changed from the 'Rippingilles Albion Lamp Company' to 'Rippingilles Ltd'.
    Ovens with the 'Ltd' name stamped on the brass ventilator on the door will be post 1937. The range steadily decreased until 1969 when the company was wound up. Valor Ltd acquired the name and rights in 1971 as Rippingilles 1971 Ltd.
    The oven pictured below is a model 410, listed in the Harrods catalogue in 1895 the stove does not appear after 1902. identifying features include the brass parts to the burners, patent cast iron ventilating 'damper' for pans and the 1894 patent folding bottom to the oven.

Attached Files:

2. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Morning, @Mike the stove , Mike,

This is wonderful stuff, Good Sir!! Many thanks for sharing it here! Those Rippingilles ovens are rarely seen on this side of The Pond. So, it's nice to see more info, and photos, being shared here! Thanks, again, and hope you and yours are safe, sound, and healthy, free from that nasty virus that's got the World by it's short hairs!! God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

3. Mike the stove

Hi Doc, pleased to hear from you again..! Someone mentioned there were not enough 'wickies' on the site so here's a start.
    If someone can create a Rippingilles folder, (I don't know how to do it), I will put up some more of the cast iron types as well.
    We are keeping safe and sending out some spares to help those who are stuck at home to retain some sanity fettling stoves, lamps and heaters.!

4. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

@Mike the stove
    As you said you would, you’ve posted details of an early Rippingilles, Mike.

Much appreciated.

John

5. Mike the stove

No problem, if one of the 'wise nodding heads' can move this into a Rippingilles folder I will post some more.!

6. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia
  7. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin SotM Winner Subscriber

Can't be referring to me!