RM "Range" 320 *

Discussion in 'RM MFG & Engineering Co Ltd' started by kerophile, Oct 5, 2006.

1. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Hi here are some photographs of an RM / Heathware stove from the 1950/60s.

1354923844-P1000210_edited.jpg

The RM Manufacturing and Engineering Company was taken over by Samuel Heath and Sons in 1950 and this stove, with the dual markings, was produced after that date.

1354923853-P1000211_edited.jpg
    This side-tank stove was marketed as the 320 "Range". It has a powerful silent burner and performs well. I suspect the Primus outer burner cap is a later addition.

RM also produced excellent blowlamps, with distinctive black Bakelite handles.

Regards,
    Kerophile

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. rik_uk3

Nice stove, work well, I had two, kept one and sent one off to another forum member; plus they are from my home city :D

3. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Hi Rik, Thanks for the comments on this stove ( Yes it is a well-behaved, powerful stove), and on the Hipolito 2.
    I studied Metallurgy in the Birmingham, UK, area ( Wolverhampton), many years ago when it was the heart of the UK Manufacturing Industry, It was really buzzing then and had several Blast Furnaces and Steelworks operating as well.
    When you consider the concentration of good stove manufacturers in that area it would be great if there was a Museum or Archive of the "Lost" industry. I wonder if there is anything?
    Regards,
    Kerophile.