Romanian stove

Discussion in 'Mystery Stoves' started by keeper_of_the_flame, Feb 5, 2015.

1. keeper_of_the_flame

1423152924-romania_stove_01.jpg

received a stove from Romania. No marking, no name - nothing. Any idea who produced it?

Peter

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. kristi

I've sent photos of this stove to 2 technical museums, also to 3 factories that would have made this type of stove in the past, (Metalica Oradea, Sanus/Electrolux Satu-Mare and Metalo-globus Bucharest) no one seems to know anything about this product. Did you open it? Check every piece of metal, something must be written somewhere.

3. keeper_of_the_flame

Hello Kristi,
    thank you for your help.
    I did complete dismanteling of the stove, cleaned everything - there is absolut nothing, no sign, no mark, no stamp - nothing.
    Geogijewski mentioned Satu-Mare to me before. So I thought it might have been made by "1 Septembre" who was for-runner of now Electrolux company.
    Minski / Metalica did always mark their stoves - that I know.

The only hint that it is from Romania ( or produced for the Romanian market ) is this label around the spindel

1423599774-romania_stove_detail.jpg

APRINDERE (open)- FUNCTIONARE (work) - INCHIS (close)

best
    Peter

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  4. kristi

Hi Peter,
    A stove that looks almost as yours is still available on the market, but has been left in a cottage in the mountains and the seller will get there just in March, now it's too much snow.
    As far as he remembers, the stove has a logo somewhere.

1423643678-petrol1.jpg 1423643696-petrol2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  5. keeper_of_the_flame

Hi Kristi,
    great job you made so far. This might give us a hint as there are parallels with this stove.So we will wait till snow has gone.
    Peter