Score (or it's my Birthday come early!)

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by G1gop, Sep 17, 2020.

1. G1gop

G1gop United Kingdom Subscriber

If @Doc Mark and a few others will please excuse me, YES!!! there is a God!

As i said in another thread, Life has not been that 'Favourable' to Anne and myself recently.
    In fact there have been other things going wrong some others know about. Suffice to say. 'it's been a very hard month'.
    Anyway I decided to bid on yet another globe trotter stove that was shown with a cylinder attached. I have three now and they all send them without the cylinder even though they show them with (Royal Mail problems).
    This time I bid £4.20 (plus P&P).
    I won and expected yet another stove, no cylinder and a set of pans. I thought for that price I could use the pans on a Svea123R.
    Came back from the cinema today and a parcel was on the doorstep. Inside was.......

20200917_194800.jpg
    Yes THREE FULL cylinder and one partially used one n the stove!

so well worth the price for the cylinders alone!
    A few have offered empty cylinders and I would gladly take them up on the offers.
    The stove is not a great stove but has sentimental value to me as it was the very first stove I bought(and the lamp).
    So after a really bad few weeks, I am over the moon.
    Even managed to come off the morphine I have had to take the last few weeks for pain (one of those bit I didn't write about). So Yes there IS a GOD! lol (sorry Marc).
    Alan

2. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

@G1gop ,

Excellent news!! And, yes, sometimes God works in mysterious ways, both for the seemingly impossible, and also for small things that are not really that important, but make you feel great!! Well done, and congrats!!

Doc (happy for your success!)

3. G1gop

Thanks Doc. A few people have said (when they find out what has happened to me and how things are), 'How do you carry on?'
    I remember that there are always people far worse off then me.
    I must admit though that things like this do raise the spirit!
    Alan

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  4. Robert Radcliffe

Robert Radcliffe United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Great score. Those gas canisters are like hen's teeth.

5. Marc

Marc Subscriber

Great work, Alan. No need to apologise to anyone for anything!

6. Jeopardy

Jeopardy Subscriber

Hi Alan,
    Glad you’ve finally had a bit of luck. Guard those new cylinders jealously and limit use of of the stove and they’ll last you a while.
    My globetrotter has some gas left from when it was last used in the wild best part of twelve years ago and I’ve one cylinder left.... sure I had two but one has vanished somehow. :(](*,):oops:
    Regards
    John

7. G1gop

Oh I will! I am already sorting out a refilling setup for them. I need to sort out replacement rubber seals. @presscall can prob help with both of those.
    Alan

8. Jeopardy

Jeopardy Subscriber

The lack of available replacement seals is the reason I didn’t use the gas before I realized the cartridges were rarer than rocking horse droppings. The use of the globetrotter on bleuets has been banned in UK scouting on safety grounds. I’m not arguing with them because I have had a lucky escape when a seal failed in a lamp that I had just lit. Luckily it was one where the cartridge was enclosed so the escaped gas didn’t make it to the hot mantle.
    Regards
    John

9. G1gop

John, @presscall has made replacements. Fortunately all the ones I have seem to be ok at the mo. I often wipe a bit of silicon grease on rubber o rings to keep them lubricated. When working with chemicals, we found that stopped the rings drying out.

10. Ian

Ian Subscriber

IME, the GT seals between burner spigot & cartridge seem to last indefinitely; decades.

11. Duck

Duck United States Subscriber

Glad you found something to give you joy. It helps lift stress which wears down your immune system making whatever you are going through worse. So yes there is a God and he sent you this little tidbit to lift your spirits and ease your pain a little. Praying you Will keep finding little things to help keep you going and feeling better.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020