Sears 2-Burner 672764

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by MikeS, Feb 4, 2022.

1. MikeS United States

We've had this stove for 22+ years, when we got it at a thrift store, the thought was "how cool and easy" vs a gas/pump stove. So we schlepped it around with us for a couple of years, never tested, and in 2005 we lost power and water for a week due to Wilma in Broward county Florida. We do a lot of camping (well, glamping) so went over to the RV, yanked a 30# bottle off the front, dug out an adapter and hooked the stove up on a metal table out back under cover. We ate for a week off this stove, everyday, cooked one full dinner (Sicilian amounts and variety) and sometimes heated up lunch. We fed anywhere from 5 to 12 plus folks, depending on what other family and friends showed up. Our neighbor, Cliff, worked at the local country club, showed up at the door the first morning after no power started and handed my daughter a FULL brisket saying "give it to our dad, he'll know what to do with it" - my wife dug out her BIG cast aluminum I don't remember the maker but still have it, oval roast pot, and with both burners on low, over several hours later we had the most wonderful and tender "stew". We figured there was 28 servings from that meal, and never not enough to stuff a person.

These days I am more about the simplicity and re-newability (ease of fuel acquisition) of the pump stoves and lanterns, but this one will not ever leave us. The only thing that may need to be renewed is the hose, it's getting that "age stickiness" that old plastic/rubber gets.

There is nothing that indicates a date of manufacture on this stove, or what the manufacture company is.

20220204_060334.jpg
    20220204_060251.jpg
    20220204_055832.jpg
    20220204_060228.jpg

2. Cajuncook1

Cajuncook1 United States Subscriber

Not an expert.

My dad purchased one similar to yours in the mid 1970s. Primus was the make of my dad’s stove. Unfortunately it is not as good of shape as yours, but very usable.

The hose needs to be replaced. The regulator and connector are in good shape, but the hose has some dry cracks. I was told it would be best to bring the hose to a gas grill shop and have them replace/repair the hose and keep the original regulator and connector.

Currently trying to find a “Hank Hill” Propane and propane accessories shop to repair the hose.

Like the stove and hope you get the hose replaced to return it to functionality and glory

Cheers,
    Cajun