Shinabro 340 *

Discussion in 'Shin A Ind. Co' started by DAVE GIBSON, Mar 13, 2008.

1. DAVE GIBSON

DAVE GIBSON Subscriber

This is how the fettle of my Shinabro 340 ended up.. look back to my February 18-29th post about the soot pattern I was getting from my stove and Kerophile's photos of the same stove in his collection--this will be the follow-up on that..

After burning the coke out of the tubes and cleaning out the fuel tank I replaced the jet and fired it up--

1354714550-150308_011.jpg

We had the first weather warm enough to work outside--50'sF..I gave it two pre-heats with meths just to make sure it was hot enough and it went on the first try---I was getting an uneven burn with yellow flame tips and noticed a leak around the base of the jet---using the jet tool seen on the right I gave it a another quarter turn and fired up again--this time it ran with a good blue flame with a bit of yellow at the tips...it did some sputtering for the first few minutes as I assume it was clearing crud out of the burner tubes--I let it run thru a tank of kero and left it outside overnight in a cool rain that came on that evening--I was trying to see if it would work after being exposed to real camping conditions--next day a re-fill of fuel--a pre-heat and it took right off---

1354714557-150308_012.jpg

This is going to be an enthusiast level fettle--I'm not going to search around to find the right color paint---a 1966 Austin A60 Saloon??--for the stove box--i just put a drop of oil in the worn spots--I do have all the tools and I gave the stove a good once over with Brasso so that will be the end of it..I would say it all turned out very well--from a kind of klunkey Ebay cheapy to a stove i can trust on camping trips to fire up and run without problems :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Hi Dave. Well done. I am glad you have your stove working well. I told you that the Shinabro is a quality product.
    Best Regards,
    Kerophile

3. barrabruce

=D> =D> Nice one Dave. Glad you got it going again.