Since no-one can have too many stoves, I decided to make another stove from bits under the bench. I still have the Optimus 111 tank from this saga and a old Shinabro case from long ago, so the plan was to make a silent burner stove (a la Optimus 111T) to fit in the case. These are the basic bits. Optimus 111 tank, large hose clamps, standard silent burner and riser and copper tube connector assembly. The tank outlet has a male 1mm pitch 60 degree thread, so to make the connector assembly the first job was to find a fitting with the right ID and the cut a 1mm pitch thread inside. I threaded all the way through the fitting and then soldered a washer onto the end, fitted a 10mm copper pipe with a smaller washer stop soldered on (to fit inside) and effected the seal with a thick lead washer. Next problem was that the case wouldn't close if the tank had its original pump knob, so I made a flat disc style pump knob (like a Primus 96) from a spare pump tube lid. This involved more soldering and threading. Next, the base was cut from scrap aluminium plate to fit flat in the bottom of the Shinabro case, and the tank was secured on the base by pop riveting the hose clamps in place. Once the tank was in place, the copper tube was cut to length and silver brazed into the riser tube. Then a flat brass square was soldered to the bottom of the riser to effect a seal and support the burner, and then the silent burner was fitted. Quick tighten of fittings and hose clamps and test fire. Then I made a stainless steel folding tripod pot stand which fits into holes in the base, and made a brew! Tank doesn't get too hot, but I made a shield from left over aluminium sheet. It all fits neatly into the Shinabro case A fitted heat shield is the next step. I have some stainless sheet and it can be curved and fitted to the hose clamp tag ends. I will post pictures in the Frankenstove section when it is all cleaned and painted. An interesting and rewarding project on a rainy day. I now have x+1 stoves where x is unknown.