Shinabro No. 680 Question

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Gunner, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Gunner

Gunner Subscriber

Please ignore this post - I found the answer in the Stove Reference Gallery (see post below)

I've noticed this small Shinabro paraffin stove on E-bay, No. 680. There's no obvious blanking plug shown in the ad, to use in the hole for the burner when the stove is being carried, nor any obvious parking spot for it when the stove is in use - I contacted the seller to ask about it, but he / she hasn't got a clue.

I noticed, though, that the end of the pump knob is knurled, and on other stoves I've seen like that, then end unscrews and is used as the blanking plug. I know very little about Shinabro stoves, except that the few comments I've seen appear to have a high opinion of them. Can anyone confirm that the part arrowed in the attached picture is the blanking plug, please?

Thank you,
    Gunner

Shinabro Close-Up.jpg

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  2. Gunner

Gunner Subscriber

Cancel the above question - I finally thought to check in the other sections of CCS, and found that @JP2 had posted a batch of pictures of his Shinabro 682, and that the end of the pump knob does unscrew, and does form the blanking plug.

Sorry - brain is getting a bit slow off the mark, these days.

Gunner

3. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Hi @Gunner, if you ever acquire either a Shinabro 340 or 680 stove, beware...

The burner to upstand joint on these stoves has a left-hand thread!!!

How many Shinabro burners have been destroyed by users who never knew of this design quirk?

Otherwise excellent stoves.

Best Regards,
    Kerophile.

4. Gunner

Gunner Subscriber

@kerophile - yes, I did note your warning on the thread posted by JP2, but many thanks for bringing it to my attention. :thumbup:
    I would hate to have wrecked it by not knowing that - especially as it might be very difficult to find a replacement at any price, if at all.

With best regards,
    Gunner