Shinabro No340

Discussion in 'Shin A Ind. Co' started by teletim, Nov 25, 2009.

1. teletim

Hi,

This was delivered this morning so I decided fire it up.
    The tank lid packing and pump leather were OK and the tank held pressure,all the parts were in the well made steel case apart from the spanner and spirit can.
    I think the markings on the tank are as good if not better than some of the better known brands.

1259158483-_MG_6342_opt.jpg

I gave the jet a clean out and the burner a rub over with a fine brass brush their seemed to be a lot of carbon built up and a round the loops of the burner,was this a sign of a problem?
    After a good prime I pumped some air in to the tank and Wow :shock: the stove went like a rocket,within seconds the flame ring and leg tips were starting to glow.

1259158503-_MG_6343_opt.jpg

I am very impressed with the power that the stove throws out and the high standard of the brass work.
    The case is strong and well made.

1259158517-_MG_6349_opt.jpg

So all in all a great 1 pint stove well worth looking out for, and the fact that I only paid £12.00 for it makes it even better :) :) :)

Cheers
    Tim

1259158483-_MG_6342_opt.jpg 1259158503-_MG_6343_opt.jpg 1259158517-_MG_6349_opt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. RonPH

Nice one Tim and what a price! Looks bigger in picture than it actually is huh?

Ron

3. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Hi Tim, these Shinabros are really good stoves, but please remember that the burner-to-upstand joint is left-hand threaded!!!!! If you need to remove the burner for any reason you need to be very careful.

The tank-to-upstand joint has a conventional right-hand thread.

Best Regards,
    Kerophile.

4. Bom Bom Bom Bom

Hi Tim,

Nice stove. Just in case you've not seen previous posts on these stoves be aware that the if you want to dismantle the burner from the riser for heat/quench, or changing heat proof washers etc, this connection has a left hand thread. I.E. If you try to unscrew this in the normal manner you'll end up tightening it up, not loosening it.

Personally I've left a note taped in the case of mine to remind me of this fact.

Edit:- Kerophile types faster than me

Cheers, Graham. :lol:

5. teletim

George, Graham,
    Thanks for that very important fettling tip :o ....... being a heavy handed sod I would have definitely messed thing's up if that had not been brought to my attention.
    Thanks

6. nmp

nmp United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Just got one of these and did almost terminally damage the riser tube but just got away with it!

A very good bargain at £7!!! looking forward to cleaning it to see the engraving etc.

Nick

7. theyellowdog

I have one too, the threads in the riser and on top of the tank are stripped. It came to me that way. I guess this left handed thread has been the end of many of these stoves.

Dan