Shinabro Royal 400C

Discussion in 'Shin A Ind. Co' started by Matthew92, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Matthew92

Matthew92 SotM Winner Subscriber

I got this one recently, I was interested to see how the burner worked with both silent caps and roarer plate. I have to say I'm very impressed with it, which ever way you use it, it runs spot on with perfect blue flames, although there's still a slight green tinge in the picture below. Seems to have all it's bits and pieces with it as well, 3 prickers, proper plastic funnel and a spanner. I think I'll probably leave it mostly in this as found condition, I've given the tank a bit of polish since taking the pictures, but the rest will just wipe over.

IMG_3102.JPG IMG_3103.JPG IMG_3104.JPG IMG_3105.JPG IMG_3106.JPG IMG_3107.JPG IMG_3109.JPG IMG_3110.JPG IMG_3111.JPG IMG_3112.JPG IMG_3113.JPG IMG_3114.JPG IMG_3116.JPG IMG_3117.JPG IMG_3118.JPG IMG_3124.JPG IMG_3119.JPG IMG_3120.JPG IMG_3121.JPG

2. cooter303

I like that stove. Good find.

3. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia
  4. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Moderator, R.I.P. Subscriber

Nice acquisition, Matt.
    I presume I will see it at Newark in June.

5. Billyboy

Neat stove. I like the interchangeability.

6. Matthew92

Thanks chaps, I think the burner may need a bit of a strip down and clean, it seems to block up quite often, one moment its running fine, then the stoves gets bumped or if you pump it up the flame suddenly weakens. Would be a lot easier with an internal pricker. Hopefully it will come to Newark @shagratork , along with the new MSR Dragonfly I got last week and the new Whisperlite which will hopefully arrive this week.

7. Big Si

Big Si Subscriber

I have several of these and I think they knock the spots off the 111. It may need a bit of a clean but it will be worth as they are extremely good for what they do. I have found it hard to prime them accurately in the past but since I put some wick in the priming pan and used a long necked meths bottle I've not had a problem, plus wearing the right specks helps a lot too.

Si

8. Matthew92

Thanks for the tips @Big Si I will give the burner a clean and see if I can get some wicking for the spirit cup. So far it's primed ok but not really been tested out in the field, so I'll take any advice.

9. Dave Price

Hi - I now have one of these but the two bolts that hold the shield to the tank have goe. What thread are they please?