Shinabro Royal 400c

Discussion in 'Shin A Ind. Co' started by Big Si, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Big Si

Big Si Subscriber

Well this mornings brew is brought to you by one of the stove collectors and users best-kept secrets (IMHO) the Shinarbro Royal 400c. It's a South Korean clone of an Optimus 111 but with a few innovations that the Swedes should really have taken note of. It has the ability to run either a silent burner or a roarer burner. This makes it great for using anywhere indoor or outdoor. It also does not run with a cleaning needle (A lot of people take the cleaning needles out of the 111's for better flame control and ease of maintenance). Made during the late 70's early 80's they picked up a bit of a following mainly in Scout Groups so they must have been pretty rugged. They (IIRC) did not come into the UK in huge numbers so finding one with all the parts together in the tin is always going to be a hard job but worth the search. They have the 17 fl.oz tank (502ml) and run for about 45 mins, this is a paraffin stove only but takes a methylated spirit prime.

DSC02649.JPG DSC02650.JPG DSC02651.JPG DSC02652.JPG DSC02653.JPG DSC02654.JPG DSC02655.JPG DSC02656.JPG DSC02658.JPG DSC02659.JPG DSC02660.JPG DSC02661.JPG DSC02662.JPG DSC02668.JPG

Si

2. janders

janders Subscriber

Want one.... Badly.... :mrgreen:

3. Simes

Simes Subscriber

Very nce find there @Big Si.

Discovered on your last trip away?

4. Big Si

Big Si Subscriber

@Simes

If truth be told I have five of them that work and one for spares. I did have more but @Ian really wanted one so we did a swap. I think he's happy with his? I really like them and when they come up cheap I'll buy them every time I can.

Si

5. Colin Geer

Colin Geer Subscriber

I passed one up a while ago and wish I hadn't. I have it's little brother and it served me well for 35 years without complaint!

This is on my wish list.

6. Brenneman

Brenneman Subscriber

Do you happen to have a picture of the burner without the flame spreader or silent cap?

Looking at the burner of this 400c, this could also work on a 111T.
    A flame spreader cut out of some brass or steel sheet .... a roarer 111T :)

7. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

You may want to look at the comparison I did between the Shinabro and a 111 HERE.

I need to check for you whether the burners are interchangeable. I doubt it though, as in my post I pointed out that burner packing nut and jet nipple threads were different. That said, if you’ve got a Shinabro complete (not just the burner) it’s best using it as a Shinabro rather than a source for a burner swap for a 111? The Shinabro has much better pot rests too.

8. Brenneman

Brenneman Subscriber

@presscall
    No plans to swap burners, just really wanting to try a triple fuel roarer (my 111T with a flame spreader).

I liked the comments in the thread you posted:

-------------
    theyellowdog said:
    Mine did not come with a roarer flame plate so I made a proto-type one out of tin. It was so very loud that I did not bother to make a brass one. I would be interested to know if you find your brass flame spreader noisy.

Oh yes indeed, Dan, gloriously noisy it is (I like roarer burners to mean it)