Show Your Fettle Box

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by The Warrior, Mar 18, 2020.

1. pjs United States

Hehe great point.. There are still pretty good deals if you patient on eBay.. but I have to divert my extra funds to supply’s needs for the extended family.. we are shut down here in Nevada..

2. The Warrior

The Warrior United States Subscriber

Thanks for posting it up @pjs , appreciate it.

3. cottage hill bill

cottage hill bill Subscriber

I went to a garage sale and found this tool box. It had some tools in it that I wanted and was marked $20. It had obviously sat in water up to the knobs on the bottom drawer. I brought it home and when I started cleaning it up I found the key. It was marked Kennedy. I was only familiar with the brown wrinkle finish Kennedy boxes, I had never seen a silver/grey one. I have a fondness for Kennedy boxes having made my living out of one in an earlier life at a Jag dealership. Needless to say, it got a clean up and repaint, as near original as I could get. Now it holds my spare parts and a few GPA specific tools. The common wrenches, screwdrivers etc. hang on the wall.
    Silver box front top open.jpg
    A coworker gave me a totally rusted out Coleman 252
    Rusty 252.jpg
    So I cut the parts well out of the fount and made a small bits container to go in the box.
    Parts well and box.jpg Parts well cap.jpg

4. The Warrior

5. IvanN

IvanN United States Subscriber

image.jpg Here’s my kit a little tackle box and a kit from FettleBox and parts in a cupboard by my bench... and on the bench, and shelves and all over it seems
    Ivan 363836F7-EB8F-46B9-8E3F-2C6B7B21302E.jpeg 6FD55240-6413-4F14-9B6D-47F212F77FE2.jpeg 6393607C-69F4-4F29-AE53-0AE8AF472B51.jpeg

6. The Warrior

Awesome @IvanN , thanks for sharing. I need to order one of those kits from the Fettle Box. I just ordered a three way tool for SRV replacement. I went to change the fuel cap seal on my recently acquired 99, only to find out I don't have any tool to replace the SRV pip. Doh...

7. Cookie

Cookie United States Subscriber

This is just the box. Not the 6'x8' workbench piled too high or the shelving with the fuel lol.
    20200320_165601.jpg

8. The Warrior

Thanks for posting Cookie. I wish I had a shop, haha. I still do most of my work at the kitchen table.

9. IvanN

@The Warrior, I have got the most out of the FettleBox kit! It has had what was needed for almost every stove I have fettled. When it comes to tools, my method has always been to buy new tools as I need them, some basic tools before of course, but then I always feel justified in the purchase.
    Ivan

10. The Warrior

@IvanN , that kit will be mine. I order kits as I buy the stove, which is great, but then there's the wait. Be nice to already have the stuff.

My tool buying has been fairly steady, haha. I now have 2 NRV tools, the articulating jet tool, and just yesterday ordered the SRV tool.

11. Cookie

Here's a picture of the workbench. This is not the 6'x8' work table. Still working on cleaning it off lol.

DSC_0001 (Medium).JPG

12. IvanN

@Cookie i admire your organization

13. The Warrior

@Cookie

That is awesome sir. Wish I had something like that.

14. Staffan Rönn

Staffan Rönn SotM Winner Subscriber

I envy all of you who have large and well organized work stations. Mine is small and crammed, but luckily it has a few accessories that brings "ambience".

20200321_210303.jpg 20200321_210411.jpg 20200321_210502.jpg 20200321_210536.jpg

15. IvanN

16. The Warrior

17. Cookie

@IvanN Thanks but to be honest it was my casting and reloading bench until last week hence why it is so clean lol. I need to move that five gallons of denatured alcohol (white can on the right) down to a lower level so that it doesn't get mistaken for kero (black can next to it and the jugs). I'm in the process of making a fuel shed with an automatic fire suppression system. Once I get that finished up I'll make my run for some JP1 at the airport. I have two stainless 180 gallon fuel tanks that I would like to fill :content:. I am an@l about labeling my kero/parrafin and sorting it by it's flash point so that I know what not to use in a flat wick lantern. I also mark an can of white gas with the date when I first open it. The can in the front with the label visible is always the open can or container. I need to figure out where I'm gonna put that 15 gal drum for kero too. All of the jugs of Klean-Heat are going into it soon once I get a water seperater and insulated it from the floor and air.

+1 on staffan's rig...man I like the look of that

@cottage hill bill Man I like that tool box

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  18. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia
  19. Staffan Rönn

Staffan Rönn SotM Winner Subscriber

Ha ha, thanks @IvanN and @The Warrior

@Tony Press , swag is a word with multiple meaning. The less flattering one is suggesting i knicked something from the office. Something I would never do...

20. IvanN

Tony, I mean the clocks, and tin signs lit from behind and sales posters. Maybe an American term only?
    Promotional Items, give away items, gift bag items, etc