Sievert Campus No. 3

Discussion in 'Campus No:3' started by Knight84, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Knight84

A early example of the Svea Campus 3 or Sievert Campus 3.

A fine little white gas self pressuizing stove. Smaller than the current Svea 123r and older Svea 123. The pot is almost useless but would be perfect for solo day trips. Much like the Jet boils of today. The last two pictures are how the stove came to me. The filler cap needs work still but I hope to get it fixed or replaced. These are the pictures after cleaning the stove up.

This one is heading to eBay shortly due to fact I prefer the newer Svea 123 and Optimus 99 for my day trips. That said the legs on this stove are very handy.

Cheers,
    Jeff

IMG_8231.jpg

IMG_8232.jpg

IMG_8233.jpg

IMG_8234.jpg

IMG_8235.jpg

IMG_8236.jpg

IMG_8237.jpg

IMG_8238.jpg

IMG_8239.jpg

IMG_8240.jpg

IMG_8241.jpg

IMG_8242.jpg

IMG_8243.jpg

IMG_8224.jpg

IMG_8223.jpg

2. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia
    Excellent stove!

3. ROBBO55

ROBBO55 Subscriber

I like it and as you suggested the legs make it a lot more stable.

4. zino13

Some Great pics there....good history lesson for this unit

5. Trojandog

Trojandog United Kingdom Subscriber

These are fine stoves. There is a certain amount of disagreement over the production sequence of the two versions. This version, with the bolt-on steel windshield, appears in catalogues from the second half of the 1930s. Unfortunately, there are no catalogues in the library that show the version with the slip-on brass windshield, but it would be fair to assume that production of the No3 ended with the outbreak of WW2. It is my guess that if a catalogue from the early 30s should appear, it would show the brass windshield version.

Additionally, the tank of those with the brass windshield has the through-tank rod & solder type SRV, a usual sign of an early version of a stove.

So my belief is that the version with the brass windshield, pre-dates the version with the steel bolt-on windshield.

Does anyone out there have a catalogue or advert lurking in a drawer, showing the brass version, which would settle the arguement?

Terry