Sievert No5 Heater

Discussion in 'Other Models' started by optipri, Jun 21, 2017.

1. optipri

optipri Subscriber

I have never seen this before. Actually not a stove, only a case to keep one in. Probably for heating purpose when wanting the flame safe parted from flammable items. And of course suitable for cooking too.
    I wonder what kind of stove it was meant for. It is rather high, 65cm and 27x27cm width.
    Made of thin steel sheet and some kind of copper plating. A peep-hole in the front to be able to check the flame and a lid at the lower part to insert the stove in.
    This particular item comes from Spain, might be a model that not was sold in Sweden.

Bo

CIMG9155.JPG

CIMG9156.JPG CIMG9157.JPG CIMG9158.JPG CIMG9159.JPG

2. z1ulike

z1ulike United States SotM Winner Subscriber

I believe you're right about it being a heater. Very stylish item for sure. It would be nice to know what stove set up originally made its home inside the heater.

Ben

3. Simes

Simes Subscriber

Very Moorish, not suprised with Spanish connection.

Early decorative radiator cover that used to be popular in the UK many years ago.

Now thinking more for a lamp cover than stove for bedrooms, still heating but shades the light. Pressure lamp or wick?

4. shueilung.2008

shueilung.2008 Subscriber

Hi @optipri

The position of the vents suggest something to heat the air, taking the ground level cold air, heating it, and expelling it by the top vents. May be a stove with a heater bowl over the burner?

A real beauty!

Cheers

Enrique

5. optipri

optipri Subscriber

I recently saw another one of this model on the net. It had a Cimsa stove with a long stem and an ordinary stove burner at the top. Question is if Sievert sold it with or without stove? Maybe both.
    I will check id any heater I have will fit.
    I am pretty sure it is ment for a Pressure item.

Bo

6. Nicola Francesco Elia

Nicola Francesco Elia Subscriber

Hi Bo,

I've seen another one on todocolleccion with a single burner stove into it, no way to identify the stove looking at the pictures. Obviously this is not a fact, without a catalog image I don't think we'll ever know what was meant to stay inside :)

Nicola

7. fyrwokr

fyrwokr Subscriber

This is similar to the canned heat or Sterno portable heaters. Such as the "Porta-Heat" or the "SportaHeater" and "Tu-N-Wun" camp stove and heater